New mom from HOLLAND

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there, just stumbled on this forum, by looking for a picture of a Pegasus, and I thought why not join.

I am Carina, 36 years, used to do gymanstics as kid/teenager, but nothing too serious. Always loved to watch it though on TV, eventhough it doesn't get on TV much. My favorite team used to be the Romanian team of 1987.

My daughter does, what we call, Selection Team Gymnastics. She loves it. She trains 3 hours a week. More is not possible. She isn't anything top top, but she loves it and she has learned a lot, since she joined that team, she used to do just 1 hour a week recreation, but got into the selection team because she wanted to learn more and couldn't in the recreation. So daughter is happy with that.

Not sure how the levels work compared to you, very different though. Hope to get to know some moms.

CARINA

Last edited:
Hi!

I just joined last week myself. I live in NJ (USA) and my daughter (6) is a brand new level 4. I'm not sure what the difference is myself being new to gymnastics self, LOL, but it is our first "offical" team. She did rec gymnastics but one hour just wasn't enough. She went to the Pre-team for 4 hrs a week and now up to 11 hrs. She won't start any competitions until next year & that is OK, I can wait, but it sure would be nice to be able to show family & friends something.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, nice to be welcomed by someone. I think it is quite a lot of hours to be training for such a young girl, but if she can handle it, great. I know my daughter would love to do more hours, but it just isn't possible in our town. And as I can't drive, I can't take her to another place where they are more opportunities. But that is okay. I started a bit late with her anyway. She is already 9. As long as she has fun, that is great.

If you want to see any little films of Talitha's competitions, I put a post on in the Chalk Bucket I think. Would love to keep in touch, I like to mail with people who I have things in common with.

CARINA

Awesome...Holland...love to see more worldwide members! Welcome to The Chalk Bucket.

What is a selection team? How young are they to start in it? From what it sounds like and what I see on the picture gallery, it looks like our level 4 competition program. I was just curious:rolleyes:.

What is a selection team? How young are they to start in it? From what it sounds like and what I see on the picture gallery, it looks like our level 4 competition program. I was just curious:rolleyes:.

Kids usually start with recreational gymnastics. Which you can do from when you are like 4/5, without competions, more play gym, not really gymnastics. And then the real recreational is 1 hour a week and they have 1 competition in a year or now 1 group will do 2 competitions in the 7th division, which is quite low.

Then the trainer of other team, will have a look around those groups, to look for girls who she thinks can do more. And she does the selection team. So you get selected to join that. They only have 3/4 hours a week, more is just not possible, since it is a small club in a small town.

Hope I explained it all right. You can see on youtube, what my daughters exercises are, then you can probably say what level it would be in USA. Check for daniellecarina, which is name I use there. Or check here, in my albums at webshots:

http://community.webshots.com/user/daniellecarina

Would love to find out what kind of level she does compared to your gymnatics.

CARINA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back