Parents Switching back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymTwinsMom

I have a 10 year old daughter Abby, she did gymnastics 2 years ago when she was 8 and a level 6. After, she joined cheerleading and loved it. She is now begging me to switch back to gymnastics ( I don't know why all of a sudden my kids want to do gymnastics:confused::confused:) Anyway, I don't know what level she would be in. Because of cheerleading, she has a full (super close to a double) and a handspring layout. She told me she still has her kip, and a free hip. I know she has 2 backwalkovers and a bhs on beam because we have a low beam in our house and I saw her do it. Also, my bill is going up higher and higher with just my 3 girls going. I don't want to tell her no, but at the same time, My gym bill is getting higher and higher! Please help!:eek::confused::eek::boggled:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh sweetie, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. They really have it bad don't they? I suppose the only good thing about her returning is she is about the same level as the twins, so in theory should be able to train with them.

But as for discouraging her, I don't know if you can give gym to 3 of the girls and not to the 4th. Though I appreciate that the costs are high the money really should be spread around the kids equally, at least that's my humble opinion and not every one feels that way.

Shame on you for having such talented kids! :D:D;)

Let us know what you come up with, besides a full time job to pay for it all, though I seem to remember you already have a tiny one at home to keep you busy.

It seems that gymnastics is contagious, have you chatted to your hubby about a cure?

Ooh sweetie, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. They really have it bad don't they? I suppose the only good thing about her returning is she is about the same level as the twins, so in theory should be able to train with them.

But as for discouraging her, I don't know if you can give gym to 3 of the girls and not to the 4th. Though I appreciate that the costs are high the money really should be spread around the kids equally, at least that's my humble opinion and not every one feels that way.

Shame on you for having such talented kids! :D:D;)

Let us know what you come up with, besides a full time job to pay for it all, though I seem to remember you already have a tiny one at home to keep you busy.

It seems that gymnastics is contagious, have you chatted to your hubby about a cure?

Thanks and LOL! I was never a gymnast, never flexible, or coordinated when I was little. I don't know where they got it all from! She was crying today at cheer practice because she waned to join gym so bad. I think she was about to be a lvl 7 when she quit. And you know what's even worse? I have a 11 month old daughter, who is bound to find the sport!:scared:

Before you go panicking about paying for 4(holy smokes!) sit down calmly with the 10 yo and ask why she wants to go back to gymnastics. Is this a post Olympic thing or is there some other reason. Also be realistic with her---it may take a few months to get all of her skills back(at least meet ready) and cheer tumbling isn't exactly gym tumbling so she may have to work on form and break habits. How would she feel about competing with her sisters or depending on when your season starts, even missing a season to train? There is some retraining she'll have to do. If she's dead set on going back then ask one of the coaches to give her a try out and see where she really is skill wise.

After that then you can all decide whether the coach presented a plan you all can live with and afford or not. I certainly wouldn't pull the plug on cheer until you have more facts about what level and possibly when. It would be a big jump to come back after no gym for 2 years and compete L7(geez then you get to pay for floor and beam routines!)

Lets see, in another post they were talking about selling body parts---hmmmm how many could you and dh live without with 4 in the gym:)

Before you go panicking about paying for 4(holy smokes!) sit down calmly with the 10 yo and ask why she wants to go back to gymnastics. Is this a post Olympic thing or is there some other reason. Also be realistic with her---it may take a few months to get all of her skills back(at least meet ready) and cheer tumbling isn't exactly gym tumbling so she may have to work on form and break habits. How would she feel about competing with her sisters or depending on when your season starts, even missing a season to train? There is some retraining she'll have to do. If she's dead set on going back then ask one of the coaches to give her a try out and see where she really is skill wise.

After that then you can all decide whether the coach presented a plan you all can live with and afford or not. I certainly wouldn't pull the plug on cheer until you have more facts about what level and possibly when. It would be a big jump to come back after no gym for 2 years and compete L7(geez then you get to pay for floor and beam routines!)

Lets see, in another post they were talking about selling body parts---hmmmm how many could you and dh live without with 4 in the gym:)

Actually, this has been a 3 week thing of begging. I did talk to her and ask her why before I made this thread. And her response was " I miss gymnastics, I wanna go back on beam and bars and vault! Cheerleading is getting boring." (Also, when I come to watch her practices, I always see this 3 older girls picking on her.) I see she definately wants to go back because I see her practicing on our beam all the time! I had been telling her it will take some time to get her skills back. I don't think she realizes that. I am brining her in tomorrow for a tryout. I will tell you how it goes.

PS. You only need a couple ligaments right?;)

4 Omg

I think you might want to try and barter!!! Holy Cow I have 1 in gym and now my 7 year old just got bit by the bug LOL... I think we my have to come up with an online business or something!!! :mad::D:eek:;)

When I bring her in for the tryout, I am going to see if there is a family plan.

I can't offer any suggestions except that I think I would beg the HC/O on bended knee to work out something on a group tuition.

I can't offer any suggestions except that I think I would beg the HC/O on bended knee to work out something on a group tuition.
That's about all I can say as well, but I can't wait to "hear" how it goes tomorrow! Best of luck!!!

Best wishes to you. Maybe you can work off some of your tuition when your in the gym with them all. Like desk duty, coach preschool, or something like that. We have a mom with 5 girls 4 on team 1 level 9, 3 Level 6's and one level 2 in class. She does our conditioning for the optional girls and the girls clean the lobby and bathrooms 1 x per week. I know it is still expensive but, it helps. Also, I beleive the 4th child in a family at our club is free. Keep us posted

Oh my.... 4 in gymnastics.. .:yikes::jaw-dropping: Do you have any spare rooms you could rent out to transients for extra money ???? We are already busted down to Wal-Mart brand bulk cereal here to pay for my 3 kids sports. Throw in a few more kids and who knows what I might be tempted to do for money, lol.

DH says you might as well just buy a gym. It'd probably be cheaper. :D

Got your lottery numbers handy? I thought you had it bad with 3 in the gym, now 4.

Good luck to your daughter, I hope that getting back in the gym makes her happy.

Barb

Got your lottery numbers handy? I thought you had it bad with 3 in the gym, now 4.

Good luck to your daughter, I hope that getting back in the gym makes her happy.

Barb

Isn't having kids supposed to be rewarding?:p;):) Oh, and I posted earlier that I have an 11 month old girl. I think she is bound to find the sport. How much would a liver go for? :p

I think you need your liver. But.. I hear you can live w/o one kidney. I think they might even be able to transplant part of a lung.

Do you REALLY use all of your fingers and toes - I am sure between you and DH you could spare a digit or two :eek:

I wish you the best. I know we have a multi-child discount at our gym - not much but........

Could she possibly share a leo / warm up w/ one of the others - if she is older even at the same level she would compete at a different time most likely.

keep us posted.

Aw, well...I can tell you that one family at my gym has 4 girls on team!!:D Does that make you feel any better?:p

I agree with a PP who said if you are doing gym w/some then you have to do it with all. I have 2 in the sport and things arent heavy duty with either of them yet and the gym bills are still getting crazy.

Can you sell some stuff on ebay???

(not funny, I know)

Kelly

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back