Parents If anyone needs the bar fairy, we found her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

Tara

At practice today, Lexi got her kip! She did it twice, then 2 of her teammates got to ring a bell, one rung it, and the other yelled "Watch Alexis do her kip." She is so excited.:)

Yay for Lexi! I love the whole ringing the bell for new skills thing. They do it at my DDs gym and she loves when she gets to ring the bell. :D

Yay for Lexi! I love the whole ringing the bell for new skills thing. They do it at my DDs gym and she loves when she gets to ring the bell. :D

I think it kind of prepares them for competition too, everyone is watching so the pressure is on like a comp. My older son Matt saw it and he said that she will be as good as him someday :rolleyes:

I think it kind of prepares them for competition too, everyone is watching so the pressure is on like a comp. My older son Matt saw it and he said that she will be as good as him someday :rolleyes:

I have noticed that some of the girls don't like the bell and don't want to participate. My DD wants to ring the bell for everything and she always looks much better when all the attention is on her. I hope that will translate to competition. LOL.

How fun! YIPPEE to Lexi for getting her Kip!

I love the bell idea, Maybe we should start doing that at our gym!?

Ours is a huge gong, for lack of a better term. It is impossible to miss and the whole gym stops whatever they are doing and watches the gymnast/s who hit the gong do their skill. Pretty cool.

LOL mariposamama, when they rung the bell, Lex did it pretty much straight armed unlike the other 2 which weren't watched.

Ares is also like a gong. It is a huge bell and it echos throughout the whole gym.
Kristilyn- I think you should bring up the idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not have a gong or a bell, but HC does stop everyone and have them watch. Usually cheers and hugs all around.

We do not have a gong or a bell, but HC does stop everyone and have them watch. Usually cheers and hugs all around.

With or without a bell, it's still great to know you have support from your teammates! I think the bell is just a little more fun!:)

Yeah Lexi!! My dd got hers last week, too. Her coach named her "King of Swing" for the day and she got to pick a small stuffed animal. He said once they all have it he's going to have a pizza party for them. Just one more girl left on the team to get it.

Can you send the kip fairy up to Bogwoppits little DD? She would really love to get her kip back. :D

Conrats to Lexi! Such an exciting skill ,one they actually will continue to use.My dd got hers a couple of weeks ago and tore up her hands needless to say she has now babied her hands so now we are waiting for it to come back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back