Another Start Value Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD is hoping to compete L8 this year. Early this summer she was doing full and a half twist and a front through to full.. now she is struggling with both.

Would the following passes fulfill the L8 Requirement?

RO BHS Full
Front Handspring front layout.
RO BHS Back Lay out

she needs a double salto pass- a pass w/ 2 flips. She has 2 (full, front layout)B's- she will need 2 more B elements to make a basic routine.

Yes she needs the double salto pass, its probably the most important of all because it is a special requirement. Some examples

RO whipback to back tuck
Front through to back tuck
Fr tuck fr tuck
fr layout fr tuck
back 1/2 punch front
back 1 1/2 punch front

Can she do the front through at all? It doesn't have to be to a full.

Her Front Through is UGLY right now.. Love her .. not the pass. :) She is doing a front through to Back tuck. Well let me restate that.. she is doing a front Then looses almost all momentum but can squeek out a round off, backhand spring, back tuck. Due to shear force.. She has till January before she starts competiting, I am sure she will get the Double Salto back.

Thanks for the replies.

she needs a double salto pass- a pass w/ 2 flips. She has 2 (full, front layout)B's- she will need 2 more B elements to make a basic routine.

She has other B's, she is doing a Wolf Full and a Switch leap pass with 2 connected jumps (I think that is what gives her the other B).

I am not a coach and not sure I understand the terminology and that I will be talking about the same thing in this thread but when my dtr had issues with front (front tuck) ROBHSback layout, she changed her front (tuck) to a "Russian" style where you circle your arms into the skill (coaches can probably explain this better) which she said made the pass much easier out of the front tuck. I had heard some coaches don't like this technique because it is not "pretty" but I was told it would not get deducted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back