Coaches items to include in a gym bag?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

KimmieS

It's been a while since I've competed (4 years), plus I'm an airhead, so I need some help with this... I'm trying to put together a list of things for the girls to make sure they have in their bag when going to a meet. Here's what I have so far:

grips
wristbands
[chalk]
hair ties & pins
[hairspray]
athletic tape
small towel or cloth
tampons or pads

[]=optional

Any more ideas?

We always tell our girls to bring an extra bodysuit...you just never know what might happen!

Bog and the OP have it figured out pretty much. Bandaids, bactine, gauze, cotton balls, q-tips, extra clips, ponytail holders, bobby pins, a mini can of hairspray, tampon/pads and nail polish remover were all in a little bag we as the coaches carried.

I feel like a failure !! All DD has in her bag is her bottle of water, her lucky gymmie bear and her inhaler !!!

Ah yes, but NOW you're the coach!!!:D You'll be packing her a whole suitcase now you "know".....:p

Well, I have been carrying hair clips, brush, nail polish remover and extra glitter spray (because there MUST be glitter ) in my purse - it's just not with her.

Wow -- I can't believe some of the things I've forgotten! Thanks for the ideas and help, everyone!

KS

Well, I have been carrying hair clips, brush, nail polish remover and extra glitter spray (because there MUST be glitter ) in my purse - it's just not with her.

Oh man, the glitter is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Watching the team decide on what color is right up there with watching congress discuss the bailout proposal. Running out before they've all sprayed themselves down is prone to cause tears. If I had to choose between putting glitter and my wallet in the bag, I think my head would explode!

We found multi colour spray glitter last year, it looks awesome with any leo. Trouble is the stuff totally stinks. I usually make the girls stand outside the back door on the deck, spray them well and then let them back in. The bad part is all our meets are in Winter and it usually is -22 outside and snowing!!!:eek:

We found multi colour spray glitter last year, it looks awesome with any leo. Trouble is the stuff totally stinks. I usually make the girls stand outside the back door on the deck, spray them well and then let them back in. The bad part is all our meets are in Winter and it usually is -22 outside and snowing!!!:eek:

LOL I had to laugh at that! I'm a guys coach and used to compete in Alabama (I'm a guy also). I think the most I ever had in my gym bag was my uniform, grips, warm-up suit, clothes to wear for the car ride home (usually left these in the car or with my parents), a bottle of gatorade, my mp3 player, and some sandals for afterwards. So basically clothes and gatorade... I only brought my mp3 player once.

Thanks, everyone! There are lots of things on this list that I had completely forgotten or never even thought of!

I usually spray her down on the front porch - thankfully it has not gotten THAT cold here. I don't think I would be able to leave the house :D. Ours does not stink too badly. It just gets everywhere - I know she has sprayed it in the bathroom before - the glittering floor just gives her away every time :p

I usually spray her down on the front porch - thankfully it has not gotten THAT cold here. I don't think I would be able to leave the house :D. Ours does not stink too badly. It just gets everywhere - I know she has sprayed it in the bathroom before - the glittering floor just gives her away every time :p

It wouldn't be a real meet if I didn't have to warm up the car for 20 minutes to get the ice off and then spend a further 15 minutes shovelling the snow of it either.

Then there is the blanket for the gymmie, as the warm up suit is not really that warm, and the hot chocolate in a travel mug to keep her from icing up.

I can't imagine going to a meet when it's warm outside, that'd be just weird!;)

It wouldn't be a real meet if I didn't have to warm up the car for 20 minutes to get the ice off and then spend a further 15 minutes shovelling the snow of it either.

Then there is the blanket for the gymmie, as the warm up suit is not really that warm, and the hot chocolate in a travel mug to keep her from icing up.

I can't imagine going to a meet when it's warm outside, that'd be just weird!;)

Ok - I am freezing just reading your post. Maybe you should try out a travel meet down here where it is warm. It's pretty nice - no heavy coats to carry and figure out where in the world you will put them while watching the meet. No worries of scalding your tongue on the hot cocoa. Car is ready to go in no time - no shoveling etc. We did have some flakes of snow last year. Can't say they covered the grass or anything though !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back