Parents another good meet !! (brag alert)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD had another great meet:

Vault 9.3 1st Place
Bars 9.250 1st place (personal best)
Beam 9.100 1st place
Floor 8.600 1st place ( very sloppy today)

AA: 36.250 1st place
:D

thanks for letting me brag !!

Holy Moly, that is awesome!!!!!:highfive::applause:

You will need a bigger house to fit all the gym bling in soon.:D

Thanks -

this meet was a little different. Each kid got a plaque w/ the meet name and year on it. Then when they were called up for their award they go a little plastic piece that sticks onto the plaque w/ event and place on it. No medals, No trophys.

They also took a team picture of each team at the beginning. The winning teams picture was slid into a frame holder on a plaque as well.

so, she got her first plaque !!

Big grats! I'm lovin' those bar and vault scores, my 2 fave events to coach! Have an awesome celebration, and best of luck keeping up the hot meet streak!

Big grats! I'm lovin' those bar and vault scores, my 2 fave events to coach! Have an awesome celebration, and best of luck keeping up the hot meet streak!

Vault and bars are her favorite - she hates floor, and it shows.

Thanks -

this meet was a little different. Each kid got a plaque w/ the meet name and year on it. Then when they were called up for their award they go a little plastic piece that sticks onto the plaque w/ event and place on it. No medals, No trophys.

They also took a team picture of each team at the beginning. The winning teams picture was slid into a frame holder on a plaque as well.

so, she got her first plaque !!

I really love that idea! Medals and trophies are awesome too, but the plaque with the pic is so special. Thats a keepsake that she'll always have that celebrates the moment, the team, and the memory instead of just the score. Could you imagine how cool it would be to have that for her to show her kids one day? I love it, so special and unique.

Vault and bars are her favorite - she hates floor, and it shows.

Does she like beam more than floor? My level 4's back in Cali who loved bars & vault did. I've come to the conclusion that they are dare-devil adrenaline loving athletes at heart. Who cares about leaps and turns on a level floor? Why is there forever (exaggeration much lol) spent doing dance between the 'fun' stuff? were their gripes. They said they liked beam better because at least when they were dancing around on it the height gave them a feeling of risk that keeps it interesting. I think they just liked to talk smack because they know I'm a fan of dance, and was always good for a 30 minute argument for why floor is essential for artistry. Shenanigans!

I just asked her and she said she likes beam "way better than floor." she does not like floor at all. Her favorites in order are: Bars, Vault, Beam then at the bottom of the heap - floor.

Her absolute favorite is the tumble track. Maybe she will like floor better when she gets to do more tumbling. She can do a roundoff w/ 10 backhandsprings, working on back tuck. She can do her front tuck.

I just asked her and she said she likes beam "way better than floor." she does not like floor at all. Her favorites in order are: Bars, Vault, Beam then at the bottom of the heap - floor.

Her absolute favorite is the tumble track. Maybe she will like floor better when she gets to do more tumbling. She can do a roundoff w/ 10 backhandsprings, working on back tuck. She can do her front tuck.

You're probably right, once more complicated tumbling comes into play floor may be tolerable. Floor and beam may even switch spots on her list of favorites then! Does she work out at the same time as the optionals? Watching them always made the 4's that were vocal about floor being blah perk up a bit. Personally I think her list of favorites is awesome. If she thrives on the events that require the most strength (bars) and the least fear (vault) then getting over dance is just a matter of seeing it as a necessary hurdle to get to those sick tumbling passes!

You're probably right, once more complicated tumbling comes into play floor may be tolerable. Floor and beam may even switch spots on her list of favorites then! Does she work out at the same time as the optionals? Watching them always made the 4's that were vocal about floor being blah perk up a bit. Personally I think her list of favorites is awesome. If she thrives on the events that require the most strength (bars) and the least fear (vault) then getting over dance is just a matter of seeing it as a necessary hurdle to get to those sick tumbling passes!

She does work out with the bigger girls. We only have one optional - she is L8. Then we have 3 L6, 5 L5's, 2 L4's, 9 L3's (only 4 competing currently, I think another 3 will join them in two weeks). My DD is L3. She is supposed to move to L4 in January. The entire team warms up together then splits off based on level.

Our gym is only 4 yrs old.

That is so awesome- is she glad she is doing L3 again now that she is sweeping up all those awards :D Tell her to keep up the good work !!!

She does work out with the bigger girls. We only have one optional - she is L8. Then we have 3 L6, 5 L5's, 2 L4's, 9 L3's (only 4 competing currently, I think another 3 will join them in two weeks). My DD is L3. She is supposed to move to L4 in January. The entire team warms up together then splits off based on level.

Our gym is only 4 yrs old.

I think it's great that there's a variety of levels yet small enough to allow for a lot of individual attention! You've got a whole lot of goodness in your gym it sounds like. Your DD shutting it down at meets is awesome, here's to a fabulous season :D

That is so awesome- is she glad she is doing L3 again now that she is sweeping up all those awards :D Tell her to keep up the good work !!!

I think she is enjoying doing well, not enjoying doing L3. She said today in the car (she was talking about some girls she was playing with from another gym who are L4) " I am NOT doing L3 again" - guess I better hope she moves up like she is supposed to in January !!

She has really gotten to where she enjoys doing the meets and is not nervous anymore - I think that is making all of the difference in the world.

I think it's great that there's a variety of levels yet small enough to allow for a lot of individual attention! You've got a whole lot of goodness in your gym it sounds like. Your DD shutting it down at meets is awesome, here's to a fabulous season :D

We are very lucky. I know that no gym is perfect, but I really do not have any complaints. But the girls generally do well at meets and they are all progressing nicely. We had two AA State Champs for L5 last spring. Since it is a small gym and all of the team girls warm up together they really know each other and it is like a family. They all cheer for each other, goof off etc. They are all very supportive. The HC knows each girl - what they are struggling with, what they love to do, what they are afraid of...... She made a CD of all of their fave songs - that is what they warm-up to. She truly loves each of the girls. I don't believe you can get that everywhere.

Good for your DD! What a great meet, you & she must be very proud. She seems ahead of the game, so L4 should also be a great season!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of what they did for awards @ this meet! I'd like to find out more about how they did it/what company they used for the plaques, etc., if you have any info at all. I have been the 'Meet Awards Coordinator' at both of our past gyms and have volunteered to help w/ that w/ our currrent gym. Any new & fresh ideas are ALWAYS good to implement!

I LOVE brags....what great scores! Sounds like a good meet. If my DD ever got anything over a 9.0 on beam I might fall over. I liked the plaque idea. We have accumulated so many ribbons and medals & we've only begun our second season...I like the idea of something "different".

Good for your DD! What a great meet, you & she must be very proud. She seems ahead of the game, so L4 should also be a great season!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of what they did for awards @ this meet! I'd like to find out more about how they did it/what company they used for the plaques, etc., if you have any info at all. I have been the 'Meet Awards Coordinator' at both of our past gyms and have volunteered to help w/ that w/ our currrent gym. Any new & fresh ideas are ALWAYS good to implement!

It was a really cute idea. There is a website listed on the back: crowntrophy.com

I put a picture of it in Noodlebugs album.
The Chalk Bucket - gymmomntc2e6's Album: NoodleBugs Pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 27

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back