MAG comps in NSW

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Alie21

Proud Parent
Probably a bit of a long shot given the small MAG community teamed with the small Australia contingent but...

Anyone have any idea how MAG Grand Prix comps work in NSW? My DS will compete for the first time this year. They have a team event as well as the individual, so different to the girls. And coach said they have to qualify to States even at NL1!

Thanks for any info :)

Yes mag do junior state champs from level 1, unlike wag and RG (wag used to be from 4, but now has the staggered state champs across the year and RG used to be 1-6 but is now 3-6)
State trials for mag I believe are the Grand Prix events.

Team will be team of 6, best 3 scores to count. (Same as wag state clubs event).

And they compete in and out of age from level 2, so not nl and il.

Hi Alie21,
My Son competed MAG NSW last year. Last year there were 5x Grand Prix events, followed by their State Championships in October. This year I think there are 4 Grand Prix events. From memory there is a minimum requirement to compete in at least 1 Grand Prix, but the boys have to achieve the qualifying score in order to compete at the state champs. To qualify they need a score of 45 in one of the Grand Prix competitions. Here is the link to the NSW Technical Manual that has all the details:
upload_2016-4-15_22-41-17.png

Thank you :) Very helpful :)

Kaybee - I must have been blind! Found this doc for other states but not the NSW one. Looks like my boy will be out of age already next year unless he skips a level (he is 7 soon). Not that I care but thought the boys had far more time than the girls!

Is there a list anywhere of the skills required for each level?

Thanks again :D

My DD and I are off the see 2 of her team mates compete L7 States at SGAC this afternoon and we hope to see some boys compete too. Should be fun!

Hi again Alie21 - I'm sure there is a list somewhere but its not something I've seen.

How was SGAC? My DD competed yesterday and today as well. We got to watch some of the older boys and girls last night, some impressive gymnastics!

G
Yes mag do junior state champs from level 1, unlike wag and RG (wag used to be from 4, but now has the staggered state champs across the year and RG used to be 1-6 but is now 3-6)
State trials for mag I believe are the Grand Prix events.

Team will be team of 6, best 3 scores to count. (Same as wag state clubs event).

And they compete in and out of age from level 2, so not nl and il.
grand prix are an individual competition for mag to qualify for state. They are not a team event as “state clubs” mag are apart of the state clubs and are a different event to the Grand Prix’s. where boys are able to compete at one or more of these to score the qualifying score for state amongst the levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back