• Poll closed .

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Vote...it's your right! (if your 18)

You can vote above and your vote is private. If you post a reply...your open game.

Last edited:
well i can't vote in the real election but if i could i voted in the poll how i would if i could vote for reals!

we are havin a mock election for my high school to see if our hs were the country, who our president would be :)

I've been following Obama since before he announced his primary candidacy...I'm just amazed right now. This is almost surreal. Win or lose on Nov 4th (and I keep saying it isn't over until the loser concedes), it really just makes me happy to see this now. I almost don't want the election to come because I wish this moment could last forever. This is the first time I can vote in a presidential election and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

I've already voted (my first time voting in a presidential election). I have a general policy at my gym that I don't discuss my political views with my students or their parents; I think I'm going to let that policy carry over here as well.

I know that we have a lot of first time voter's here. I would just like to say - make sure that you pick a candidate based on your value's and where that candidate stands on what is important to you.

Do your own research on how they have voted in the past on the issues that matter to you.

Do not rely on the media.

Study each candidate on their own merits. Where do they stand on what is important to you no matter what that may be: the war in Iraq, same *** marriage, taxes, health care, abortion.......................

The media will put out there what they want for either candidate. YOU are the one casting YOUR vote - and that is the great thing about America it is YOUR vote. It is also your responsibility to educate yourself on the choices before you cast your vote.

Happy Voting to all. And congrat's to all voting for the first time. I am glad that you are using your right to vote regardless of whom you are voting for.

I interned at the Campaign for Change headquarters downtown. It was an amazing experience. I can't vote, but I did everything I could to make sure other people did! I was thanked with a letter, handsigned by Barack, which is really cool.

As incredible as it has been, I will be a little glad to get my life back. In retrospect, accepting the internship was too much. I've usually been pretty good about knowing, but I was in over my head. I got sick a lot and had trouble sleeping, and was always stressed. So I am ready for that part of it to be over.

Of course being Canadian means I don't get to vote, but I have to say this election has interested me in a way that no other ever has, and I have the right to vote here and in the UK.

I didn't hit the poll as that would skew it, I would vote for Obama. It is time for a change in many ways. A president who will protect womens rights and stand up for those minorities who have been sorely neglected is essential for the US to develop socially.

For me a president of colour who has an unusual name would also be a great step up for the US. The world needs to see the US as more open and accepting. Fundamentalism in all forms is scary and whether it be muslimism or christianity it needs to be calmed and moderated. I think perhaps Obamas interesting pedigree puts him in a position to reach so many more people globally.

The UK voted in Margeret Thatcher when I was young, the first female Prime Minister, she was the daughter of a grocer, poor, working class. She turned the UK around and we saw develppment on a scale that was incedible. This is what I believe Obama can do. The US has so much p[ower in world, it needs to be seen in a more positive light than it is now, Bush has done so much damge, it will take a strong leader to repair that.

Change is good.

I will stop here, I could go on for hours. But most importantly of all, whover you wish to vote. VOTE.

Last edited:
I've already voted (my first time voting in a presidential election). I have a general policy at my gym that I don't discuss my political views with my students or their parents; I think I'm going to let that policy carry over here as well.

Nice policy....I think I'll adopt it for myself.

I feel very fortunate that this is the first presidential election in which I can vote... plus, I had the choice of voting in two swing states, thanks to going to college in a state with rather flexible residency rules. I'm especially thrilled that my home state is a swing state this year; it hasn't gone blue during my lifetime.

Edited to add that I will be standing in line on Tuesday for as long as it takes!!!

I will be voting on Tuesday, waiting in line as long as it takes...

In this election there has been a lot of mistruths, on both sides. I hope everyone votes on their beliefs, not on what they hear. Below is a link that will ask questions about your beliefs then choose your candidate.

Select A Candidate: President

Remember, by voting you maintain your right to complain about the president for the next 4 year! LOL

I will be voting on Tuesday, waiting in line as long as it takes...

In this election there has been a lot of mistruths, on both sides. I hope everyone votes on their beliefs, not on what they hear. Below is a link that will ask questions about your beliefs then choose your candidate.

Select A Candidate: President

Remember, by voting you maintain your right to complain about the president for the next 4 year! LOL

Thanks for that link, it was very interesting. I think it pays to be informed.

I'm voting for Obama. In my HS's mock election that is! Both my parents are voting for him too. My parents have never voted for a Democratic candidate before voting for John Kerry in 2004. All of us believe that the Bush years have not been ggood for our country and we need a radically different approach in Washington. I'll elaborate more over PM's if anyone wishes, but I would rather not post my long rant about Bush here.

All I can say is that everyone needs to make an informed decision. The media is usually biased for one candidate or the other, depending on the news outlet and the news outlet's location. It is only if people make informed decisions that we will clearly see who the majority of the American people want in the White House.

But....I feel bad for whoever wins. Because they are inheriting a big mess, and will likely get blamed for everything that goes wrong for 4 years.

I'm especially thrilled that my home state is a swing state this year; it hasn't gone blue during my lifetime.

True story. I've started referring to myself as a future blue stater.

I don't talk about my political affiliation with kids since I doubt anyone of them care, and I don't get into deep enough conversations with their parents for it to come up. For anyone that knows me beyond surface level I suspect my feelings are relatively obvious and I don't really care. There are only so many ways it could go. One thing I kind of regret is that as a young adult when you're no longer thrown into artificial situations the people you associate with mostly tend towards the same interests as you. I have a lot of long time friends from high school who are very conservative. At 19, I rarely spend significant time or form significant relationships with people who are very conservative though. I just don't seem to meet them. I know I have a very deep bond with some people who are so it doesn't make sense that I wouldn't like them, but it just doesn't happen. And I'm sure from the circles I am part of the activities I've engaged in, it's pretty obvious how I feel.

In 2004 my coach was very ardently pro-Bush. I really couldn't care less.

This is definitely my first election living in a swing state -- and it neatly coincides with my first time voting in a presidential election.

Definitely an exciting year.

I know that we have a lot of first time voter's here. I would just like to say - make sure that you pick a candidate based on your value's and where that candidate stands on what is important to you.

Do your own research on how they have voted in the past on the issues that matter to you.

Study each candidate on their own merits. Where do they stand on what is important to you no matter what that may be: the war in Iraq, same *** marriage, taxes, health care, abortion.......................

The media will put out there what they want for either candidate. YOU are the one casting YOUR vote - and that is the great thing about America it is YOUR vote. It is also your responsibility to educate yourself on the choices before you cast your vote.

Happy Voting to all. And congrat's to all voting for the first time. I am glad that you are using your right to vote regardless of whom you are voting for.

That's what I am trying to tell everyone! :D It's nice to see someone that is not swayed by the media. :) I think everyone knows who my vote will go for. And if you don't....Lord love you, I'm not telling! :)

I'm going to second you, and add an addendum: Please, please, please, do not become a one-issue voter.

That quiz tells me I'm a big fat liberal. I'm like this guy, I tell ya!:eek: Interestingly, I match slightly closer to Nader than Obama.

I'm going to second you, and add an addendum: Please, please, please, do not become a one-issue voter.

That quiz tells me I'm a big fat liberal. I'm like this guy, I tell ya!:eek: Interestingly, I match slightly closer to Nader than Obama.

Same here Cynical Chick.

Vote, and if you know people who might not bother, offer tham a ride. As Kristilyn says only those who vote can moan about it afterwards.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back