WAG Grips size

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love gym

Coach
Gymnast
This is my first post.
I'm just wondering if these grips are too big. i am unable to ask my coach if they are the right size due to different circumstances. All help appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
How old are you? And since you listed yourself as a coach why would not know or able to ask?

Also do you regularly practice bars in a sweat shirt?

It looks about right. Whatever website you ordered off of should have a sizing chart. You also need some wristbands if you don't have any.

YOu need to ask someone that can actually look at them in person and see. It is not easy exactly what is going on online. This is not something you want to mess with. You need to ask a coach...preferably your coach!

It looks about right. Whatever website you ordered off of should have a sizing chart. You also need some wristbands if you don't have any.
Thanks I was just wondering because I was in between sizes on the website. I do have wristbands just didn't put them on to take the picture.

How old are you? And since you listed yourself as a coach why would not know or able to ask?

Also do you regularly practice bars in a sweat shirt?

Sorry but no need to be rude. I am a coach. A qualified level one rec coach for that matter. My coach is on holidays and I only have a few days to return my grips if they don't fit. I was just asking for some extra advise and experience.
And no I don't regularly do bars in my jumper I just put my grips on over it for the picture. Does it make a difference having a jumper on for the picture anyway?

Thanks I was just wondering because I was in between sizes on the website. I do have wristbands just didn't put them on to take the picture.

Did you order up or down? Sometime the website will tell you which way to go if you are between sizes. And most sizes overlap a little bit

Did you order up or down? Sometime the website will tell you which way to go if you are between sizes. And most sizes overlap a little bit
I ordered up as my team mate with smaller hands had the ladies 2 and she said they were small for her. So I got the ladies 3. But looking at the grips again they are the right size. Thanks for your help.

Sorry but no need to be rude. I am a coach. A qualified level one rec coach for that matter.

There are very qualified coaches on this site, and I would suggest not putting too much into the Level 1 rec qualification. I've had the pleasure of seeing the content and quality of the courses here and they are a bit lacking.

There are very qualified coaches on this site, and I would suggest not putting too much into the Level 1 rec qualification. I've had the pleasure of seeing the content and quality of the courses here and they are a bit lacking.

She is a coach nonetheless, doubtless happy to learn a thing or two from the coaches on here and therefor needs the 'Coach' Banner in order to be able to post in the coaching forum.

She is a coach nonetheless, doubtless happy to learn a thing or two from the coaches on here and therefor needs the 'Coach' Banner in order to be able to post in the coaching forum.

Absolutely. But, there is a lot of ego in this sport and, from my experience, the coaches that are very "matter of fact" about their qualifications are not very open to listening or learning. I fell into that early on in my coaching career and it slowed me down. It took a gym change and being in way over my head to fully understand. I'd hate to see it happen to anyone else.

1. This is an old post - why drag it up
2. The response was the poster backing their position: they asked as a gymnast. The response was to a question that insinuated that OP should know because the OP has a coach banner. So OP saying they are a level one rec coach actually backs up the story (I don't expect a level one rec coach to know about Grip fit). It also justifies why the have a coach banner despite not knowing about grip fitting.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back