Age minimum for Ontario meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DADGYMDAD

Proud Parent
My daughter is born in 2009. She is too young to attend a meet in the province of Quebec but I was wondering if she could participate in a meet in Ottawa or near there by the end of the season. Like a a JO 7 meet. In Quebec she will be elligible for next year but this could give her a taste for next year. A competition under her belt. Anyone ?
Thanks

Go to the Gymnastics Ontario website and look under Events - all the GO sanctioned competitions are listed so you can see if there is one that works for you. HOWEVER - what does her coach say about this plan? She wouldn't be able to attend without a coach.

Personally, I wouldn't do it as I don't think there's a lot to gain and it sounds like a big hassle :p she'd have to get new L7 routines etc. Didn't you ask a similar question last year, I have a feeling of déjà-vu.

Coach would come if it's not too far. In the meantime we would need to find a viable date that does not interfere with thenokder girls meet. It's a possibility but not a sure thing!!!!

Must mention that in Ontario she would be competing as an 8 year old and wouldn't get scores. She would get stickers (gold, silver, bronze, merit) for each event and all-around.

I don't know if the dates are about the same as here in Quebec. There's not a lot of invitational meets. Much less than in the us. Provincials are coming soon, in april for level 7. If it's the same as here, than there will be no more competition till next season...

I don't know if the dates are about the same as here in Quebec. There's not a lot of invitational meets. Much less than in the us. Provincials are coming soon, in april for level 7. If it's the same as here, than there will be no more competition till next season...

We do have "invitational" competitions even after Provincials but not as many and not sure how many would be close to Quebec. The vast majority are in SW Ontario.

There are still a few invitational meets coming up in Eastern Ontario (Kingston/Ottawa area) but they're fast approaching and registration may be closed. As a side note 7 and 8 year olds are now getting placed at competitions (OCP) but their scores are not made public. DD's two teammates both placed in all event and AA in their last competition as 8 year olds, which is the first time we've seen this (last year was certificate and stickers). Of course they were nowhere near level 7 so I'm guessing an 8 year old level 7 would be the only competitor at that age and would get one "over-all" medal and the scores would not be posted.

Thanks. If it works i could also list her as a level 6 but i will look at the requirements first. 1 - make sure the coach wants 2 - make sure it is still opened for registration and 3 - get the right movements for her level. Good. Thanks everyone

My daughter is 6 years old (born in December 2010) she competes tomorrow in Ottawa as a 7 year old. She is still doing ODP and doesn't compete against other children.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back