Greetings From Canada

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CanadianDad

Proud Parent
Hello! I just found out about this forum yesterday and have been reading through the threads all day today. My daughter, who just turned 7 last week, started gymnastics in September and is now training with the competitive team at our local club. My background is in competitive baseball and hockey, so this sport is all new to me and I am slowly making my way through all the rules, equipment, levels, etc. It has been a bit daunting but fun to learn about something new.

I love our gym and the joy it brings my daughter. All the families, coaches, and especially the kids have made the experience an amazing one for her, who would easily spend all day, every day at the gym if she could. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and that I look forward to learning as much as I can in here!

Weclome fellow canadian! You sound just like me when my daughter started competitive gym about 3 1/2 years ago. She just turned 8. It's been a fun ride so far [emoji1320]

Weclome fellow canadian! You sound just like me when my daughter started competitive gym about 3 1/2 years ago. She just turned 8. It's been a fun ride so far [emoji1320]

Thanks! Yeah, I've been really enjoying the new sport and the dynamics have been surprising. For something that is generally considered to be an individual sport, all the girls are really supportive of each other and genuinely seem to want each other to succeed. That was something I hadn't expected but it is a very welcome surprise. I think our coaches work really hard to teach the kids about the importance of working together as a team.

Another Dad! Welcome. I joined CB a last September when my dd7 joined pre-team. At the time I had no idea what she was getting into. My dd (and her gym) don't share much, so I mostly learn about gymnastics here. (By the way dd = dear daughter, it took me a while to figure that out)

I am slowly making my way through all the rules, equipment, levels, etc. It has been a bit daunting but fun to learn about something new.
I've enjoyed learning about the sport as well.

It sounds like you're at a great gym with a great coaches, parents and kids. You probably already know that you're very fortunate.

Please feel free to ask questions, share, brag or vent, we're all here for each other.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back