Parents TOPs testing .. how's it going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flicfliclay

Proud Parent
Hey all! As many of you know we are in the trenches of TOPs testing this month! How's everyone doing? We never know as everything is confidential.. we don't see testing or scores so it's a waiting game! Lol! My favorite!! ( not )
I would post this in the TOPs/HOPES group, but I've been waiting for weeks to get approved :) so I guess her is as good as any!!

Hey all! As many of you know we are in the trenches of TOPs testing this month! How's everyone doing? We never know as everything is confidential.. we don't see testing or scores so it's a waiting game! Lol! My favorite!! ( not )
I would post this in the TOPs/HOPES group, but I've been waiting for weeks to get approved :) so I guess her is as good as any!!
Well, and those of us without kiddos in TOPS love to hear how they are doing, so I hope people will share here too :)
That's true!!

DD did alright. I forget what her score was because it wasn't given with confidence. Seems like the numbers are down. Wasn't many girls at our testing before the TOP's camp in LA.

We have our 2nd test this Saturday but were never given the first tests scores. Not that I'd know what it means. It's my daughters first year testing {as an 8 year old} because she broke her arm right before summer last year so it's all new to us! Hoping to be added to the TOPs group as well :)

We have our 2nd test this Saturday but were never given the first tests scores. Not that I'd know what it means. It's my daughters first year testing {as an 8 year old} because she broke her arm right before summer last year so it's all new to us! Hoping to be added to the TOPs group as well :)
Oh my goodness. My 7 year old had the same thing happen after working most of the year to test. It was disappointing! How was the recovery? So far mine has been out of the cast almost three weeks and she has regained most of her skills for level 4. But I don't think she could do any of the PA stuff yet (lost her presses etc--can still do some leg lifts). She was in a full arm cast for 8 weeks and had a rod placed. Sorry for the hijack. I actually posted this question in the tops group but no one seemed to have this experience.

My daughter tested last year for the first time and it overall was a good experience! Was not told any scores, but was told she was " really close "! This year she will test again! She feels better prepared ( her words ) but as we know it just all comes down to how they compare to the other scores!
I do wonder why some gyms divulge information and some do not?
What are all the new things added this year?
I know of a few, but haven't paid much attention..

Oh my goodness. My 7 year old had the same thing happen after working most of the year to test. It was disappointing! How was the recovery? So far mine has been out of the cast almost three weeks and she has regained most of her skills for level 4. But I don't think she could do any of the PA stuff yet (lost her presses etc--can still do some leg lifts). She was in a full arm cast for 8 weeks and had a rod placed. Sorry for the hijack. I actually posted this question in the tops group but no one seemed to have this experience.

Her recovery wasn't bad at all! She bounced back quickly and picked up the skills she needed to move up to the next level but didn't make it to any of the TOPs tests.

We sent three kiddos to test this past weekend. There were quite a few kids there. What's considered a good score? I know it varies from year to year

Reactions: sce
We sent three kiddos to test this past weekend. There were quite a few kids there. What's considered a good score? I know it varies from year to year

It mainly depends on their age. They've changed a lot of the elements this year, so we're not sure the girls will score comparably. For instance, they've added vault, which is another 20 points; however, it still gets lumped in with the 60% skills section.

What is considered a "good" score? What score is historically needed to advance to nations testing? It's out of 100 right?

What is considered a "good" score? What score is historically needed to advance to nations testing? It's out of 100 right?
It can vary from year to year but typically you have to be in the 70's to have a shot. Some years it has dropped into the 60's and some jumped into the 80's. Yes I believe to total is still out of 100.

This is my 10 year olds first time testing and will have two tests after tomorrow. First she did ok. She maxed out on everything in PA buts falls short in handstand hold and presses. Perfect score on beam and some obtainable points left on other skills. She has only been training since June as our gym doesn't have a TOPs program. I'm so nervous for her. Any advice?

It sounds like she did really well. As a 10 year old her skills are weighted more than the physical abilities. Congratulations and best of luck on her next tests. We tested for the first time as well. Again tomorrow as a 10 year old. Although dad is 9.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back