kick up around the bar ????????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym-monkey

im 14 average-ish weight and started gymnastics very late ......... im trying to get my kick up around the bar at the moment but im having major problems .......today i did it once then lost it then did two then lost it agin the bar is almost (ALMOST !!) at the lowest piece .........when i couldnt do it i didnt understand how i cud kick up and mamage to get my hips to the bar ....and i still dont ....then i miraculasy got it and when i nearly got it everyone yold me to bend my arms.......... HOW ???????????im too weak im sure ........what can i do please help me !!!!!
thanks
xxxxx

Help....ish x)

im 14 average-ish weight and started gymnastics very late ......... im trying to get my kick up around the bar at the moment but im having major problems .......today i did it once then lost it then did two then lost it agin the bar is almost (ALMOST !!) at the lowest piece .........when i couldnt do it i didnt understand how i cud kick up and mamage to get my hips to the bar ....and i still dont ....then i miraculasy got it and when i nearly got it everyone yold me to bend my arms.......... HOW ???????????im too weak im sure ........what can i do please help me !!!!!
thanks
xxxxx

Ok I think I could help you out here
I used to be totally hopless and pretty much dangerous when I tried to do a kickover, seriously i still have bruises xD

Really what made me get it is I thought horizantally while doing it
Think about swinging your first leg as far and as hard forward as you can while keeping your body in the same position relative to the bar, and then immeadiately (with the other leg x]) push off the floor up wards as hard as you can
Truly I think it has almost nothing to do with arm strength as long as your not throwing your head/body back.

Hope it helped ^^

Ok I think I could help you out here
I used to be totally hopless and pretty much dangerous when I tried to do a kickover, seriously i still have bruises xD

Really what made me get it is I thought horizantally while doing it
Think about swinging your first leg as far and as hard forward as you can while keeping your body in the same position relative to the bar, and then immeadiately (with the other leg x]) push off the floor up wards as hard as you can
Truly I think it has almost nothing to do with arm strength as long as your not throwing your head/body back.

Hope it helped ^^

what do you mean throwing my body back ...... that could be what im doing ??

Ok so when you do the kickover do you keep your head tucked into your chest?
and another thing do your arms let your body fall towards the floor when your legs loose contact with it?

because if your head falls back and your body falls farther from the bar then it gets like a hundred times harder because of the distance from your hips to the bar.

Ok so when you do the kickover do you keep your head tucked into your chest?
and another thing do your arms let your body fall towards the floor when your legs loose contact with it?

because if your head falls back and your body falls farther from the bar then it gets like a hundred times harder because of the distance from your hips to the bar.

yes that does happen some times .......i got it agin today then i lost it again fingers crosses ill have it soon

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back