Off Topic Nerd conventions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I'll be at SmashCon to watch Melee finals this Sunday, and I also just registered for MAGFest in January.

Anybody else going to either of these?

Any other nerd cons y'all like to attend?

Oh! I have played this. Very pretty and fun game :)
I actually don't really play a lot of games, but I've been competing in melee tournaments since 2009.

What about yourself?

Oh! I have played this. Very pretty and fun game :)
I actually don't really play a lot of games, but I've been competing in melee tournaments since 2009.

What about yourself?

Well I am the mom of a youtuber, so well versed in cons and twitch streaming! Tried melee a few times, very stressful!

I go to Evo in Vegas almost every year, as well as Genesis in San Jose - both for melee!
I went to genesis a couple years ago, when I was living in San Jose. Also I've been playing in the weekly wednesday night melee tournies at Xanadu for the last month or two -- still haven't made it far enough in to the bracket to play a game on stream.

Right now I'm gearing up for MAGFest; I'm going to be cosplaying as Ken Masters, and I've been doing hard core conditioning for the last couple months to try to get a visible six-pack for it.

Last edited:
I used to watch Xanadu streams every week! You gotta step it up so I can see you play;)

So I made it on stream at Xanadu tonight.

..... and I was up against Jerry, so I got JV 4-stocked the first game and legit 4-stocked the second.

Last edited:
wow, I'd never heard of Jerry before, but his Fox is super good. looks like a tough match :p
Cool that you play puff, my roommate plays puff and it's my favorite matchup haha.

Jerry ended up winning the tournament

I don't normally play Puff. I mained Doc for years, then once I started going to tourneys I realized I need a higher-tier main. Lately I've mostly been playing Marth and Falcon, but this week my Puff felt really strong in friendlies so I decided to try her out in tournament.

Probably gonna start practicing more with her.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back