Alright

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

Well, I quit. I'm done. It was a little hard filling out the form, and talking to my life-long coach, but I know in my heart that this is the right decision.

If you know in your heart...then you know it's right. No regrets...just wonderful memories will carry you into the future wherever that takes you. Wishing you the best of luck in everything you do!!

*big hug* i'm glad you made the choice that is the best for you. good wishes with everything else you do!

well good luck with everything that you do. Are you going to do any other sports??

I do track, but as far as taking on another sport in addition to that...not going to happen. I've already started regular pre-season work, and have no desire to do another sport.

That being said, I do want to spend more time studying (AP exam review style), as well as being more committed to my role in Invisible Children. I know I am the only one in my club who feels this way, but I feel like I've been slacking, especially in organizing our efforts at the Salvation Army. I just feel like I could be doing so much more.

Thats good that you're so involved in a lot of other things so you actually have things to do.
If I didn't do gymnastics anymore I wouldn't really have anything to do.

Wow how long were you a gymnast? Why did you quit? I hope all goes well. GOOD LUCK!

13 years. I quit because it wasn't in my heart anymore. It started in May, after I competed at the Sectional track meet. That feeling was such a rush, and I wasn't getting that from gym anymore. I knew I would stick around for nationals in late june. After that, I figured I could stick it out for one last season. But then my life overflowed. I had an amazing internship, but it made me really tired, and often I stayed late so I was missing gym. The thing was, missing gym used to be catastrophic, but then it was no big deal. My first meet was 2 weeks after the internship ended, and I didn't even have fun. Practice became almost torturous, and I kept coming up with reasons not to go...homework, studying, scholarships, all valid, but could be done with gym. Then, I decided enough was enough. I knew my parents, friends, coaches, and teammates would be upset, but I also knew that they wouldn't want me unhappy.

I have also been really involved in charity work...Invsibible Children, and the Salvation Army, and that became so much more important to me than being in the gym. At practice, I would be thinking of all the things I could be doing to help someone else, and it ate at me. I would think to myself, "I could be serving meals right now, or I could be telephoning libraries for donations".

Even without gym, I will be extremely busy. Track starts in 66 days people!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back