Off Topic Christmas!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So how was everyone's Christmas!!??
Did anything exciting happen?
Have anything cool for Christmas dinner?
Did Santa treat you well? what did everyone get?

I'm still at my dad's so i haven't had my main Christmas yet (which is at my mom's). but at my dad's we had an awesome Christmas dinner (the usual).
I got a memory card for my phone (so i can use it to play songs now) and the new Jordan sparks CD. Nothing else majorly exciting happened. we just relaxed at home, but on the 27th we are having a huge Christmas party with my mom and step dad's side of the family.

Have an awesome new years and enjoy the rest of your holidays (to those who still have holidays anyways)

=)

Had a lovely xmas day, my brother, lots of family, kids were all happy with their gifts. My sonn is now off at his Dad's enjoying his 3rd of 4 xmas meals he has each year. His sisters are jealous as they only get one!!!

Spent last night in the emergency room with tiny Bog, who has pneumonia and laryngitis, that was not fun at all. It was -27 and the hospital is 45 minutes away. Scary with a kid that isn't breathing right.

All is well now and we are enjoying a calm, jigsaw puzzle making day with the tribe.

Glad you had a lovely time

Hope your little one is feeling better.

Stay in and keep warm!

Sorry to hear about that Bog :-(. I am glad she is felling better!
We had a little bit of Christmas eve drama. We were all at my sisters house Wed night getting ready to eat dinner and my sister sliced her thumb on a glass bowl that broke in her hand. It was a rather deep cut, too. We were debating whether it was bad enough to have to go the to the ER for. Since our dad is a hand surgeon (retired now) and my sister's husband a dentist, they decided to forego the ER and do a little at home surgery instead. They had all the supplies needed there at the house so my dad ended up putting 7 stitches in my sister's thumb. Sister Sissy is doing fine and Christmas eve dinner ended up turning out just fine.

Other than that Christmas was very nice and the kiddies and everyone was very happy with their gifts.

Geeze, it seems like tons of ppl went to the ER on christmas (or christmas eve)
My cousin started having chest pain and had

I went to my grandmas house on my dads side and it was a full house! We go there every holiday and my dad has 9 brothers and sisters so its always fun! I got to see my 1 year old cousin who was ADORABLE, and dinner was amazing as usual. there was so much food! My dad is jamaican, so we had tons of roti, curry stuff, rice and peas, etc, but lots of my dads brothers and sisters married americans (like my mom), so we had traditional american (soul) foods (turkey, sweet potato, chicken, etc). We had to use the equivalent of 3 card tables to hold all of the food...it was great! And then we had tons of different kinds of dessert!

I got a blue nano for christmas from my parents, money from my extended family, a pullup bar (iron gym..whooppppp! it was so embarrasing because I was in modells and i was like omg i want that! and ppl were staring because a.I was in a wheelchair and b. I was a girl, and on the front was this big buff guy and a sign that was like--do u wanna get ripped??!--all i wanna do is get stronger for bars!! i dont even wanna be ripped! )and loads of sweatpants from my mom since my feet dont fit into my regular pants with the bandages and stuff =P

Hope everybody had great holidays!!!!
And happy new year almost!

Had a pretty good Christmas. First we went to my Mom's side last Saturday, I got a cheap dig Camera and poofy slippers! Fortunately none of us had to go to the ER(though I did a couple weeks ago:rolleyes:).

My choir's cantata was on Sunday night(supposed to be on Friday night too, but they had to cancel due to a blizzard). It went FANTASTIC!

Christmas eve was pretty quiet, stayed at home, opened our PJ presents, and my parents and I enjoyed spring rolls and shrimp while watching White Christmas.

Christmas day we had my Dad's side over for more turkey and general Christmas food and Jingle Bell cheer. I got a super movie basket(5 DVDs, 2 popcorns, twizzlers, gummi bears, junior mints and gum), some extra SCUBA gear, necklace & earing set, Prince Caspian DVD, jewelery armoir, and 2 computer games.

I'm next heading off to my cousin's cottage Sunday afternoon until Friday, hoping that my aches and pains from shoveling snow go away mostly by then; my knees have been aching since late Christmas eve, and my old Achilles tendon injury started acting up again:mad:.

i hope little bog feels better soon! :)

my christmas was AMAZING! i got to see almost all my family (it's huge) i got to spend christmas day with my little cousin (it was her first christmas) and i loved all my presents! and everyone loved the presents i got them! and the best part was the day after christmas :)

my Christmas this year was awesome! I got lots of clothes this year... including a fabulous Twilight baseball shirt, and another shirt that says " I <3 Boys Who Sparkle".

Best. Shirt. EVER. haha. It was just a Cullen-filled Christmas this year! :D

But anyhow, I also got a Flip video camera, which I was really excited about. It'll be PERFECT for meets and such! Other than that, I got gift cards and money, which is already gone. :p I'm getting a cute leo from Alpha Factor that supports breast cancer research, so it went to a good cause. :D

Besides the gifts, it was great being able to hang out with all my family this year. And that's what it's really all about, right? It had been way too long since we'd all gotten together. :)

A got two new leos from GK and one Dreamlight leo my mom picked up at one of my sisters meets a few months back. I really love the Dreamlight ones and they are tough to find. Also, got a new iPod, money, and gift cards.

Christmas was a lot of fun getting to see my cousins and grandparents who live about 1000 miles away. :)

Poor baby bog! Hope she is feeling better. I was in Ireland with my dads family, who we haven't seen for ages, it was so much fun! And I got GHDs- thanks Santa!

I`ve had a nice one - can`t complain! :) I was not spoilt as much with presents this year as last year, but that`s because I got something in beforehand this time....which was a graphic tablet for my computer. I am still very pleased with what I got and actually expected less.....

Happy New Year everyone! :D

I had a good christmas!:) I just thought it came a lot faster than other years. On christmas day I went with my family to my aunt and uncle's house and we spent the day there. I really only wanted a couple things this year(3 things lol), and I surprisingly got all of it. I got the new iPod touch, the We The Kings cd, and a USC track and field shirt from chip and pepper. It ended up being a fun day because I got to see a lot of my family again, and I've also been enjoying the break because I can sleep in!:p

I got the.cutest.purse.

cherry_pickin_satchel__8_.jpg

How is little Bog?

Now that is one stylin' purse, cynicalchick!

Bog, how is your baby? What a bummer that she felt so ill. Hope she is on the mend. Pneumonia is not a sickness to be taken lightly, I'm glad you braved the ER w/ her. Good mama!

We were at my in-laws' in TX. We were all tired Christmas day, so the kids didn't even open presents unitl 5 pm! They were so patient!

My in-laws are taking care of two elderly, debilitated men in their home (one a relative and the other a good friend). So the old guys got to open presents first, and one was so confused, that my dd had to help him open his gift. He couln't figure out what that thing was for! It was funny in a sad way, I guess...

Kind of a wierd Chrismas for us, being in all this transition, but we were just happy to be together and healthy!

The girls & I came home a few days ago, and my hubby is getting home tomorrow for New Years! Woo-hoo!

Hope everyone's New Year is bright and healthy! :)

Now that is one stylin' purse, cynicalchick!

Bog, how is your baby? What a bummer that she felt so ill. Hope she is on the mend. Pneumonia is not a sickness to be taken lightly, I'm glad you braved the ER w/ her. Good mama!

We were at my in-laws' in TX. We were all tired Christmas day, so the kids didn't even open presents unitl 5 pm! They were so patient!

My in-laws are taking care of two elderly, debilitated men in their home (one a relative and the other a good friend). So the old guys got to open presents first, and one was so confused, that my dd had to help him open his gift. He couln't figure out what that thing was for! It was funny in a sad way, I guess...

Kind of a wierd Chrismas for us, being in all this transition, but we were just happy to be together and healthy!

The girls & I came home a few days ago, and my hubby is getting home tomorrow for New Years! Woo-hoo!

Hope everyone's New Year is bright and healthy! :)

Baby Bog is doing sooo much better now. Went innertubing today in the -12 cold, had a blast with my brother and our head coach and her girls.

MSL glad you had a warm and friendly xmas and that you will be all back together for tomorrow. Life is full of changes, hope we all rise to them.

I got dd a nintendo ds and gymboree clothes. Her ds games are a gymnastics one (lol ty DH) and kirby superstar ultra. She also got an awesome fairytale book with a beautiful cover and awesome illustrations, and 4 other books. I got her really cute shoes and 2 jackets too, she was spoiled this year! She deserves it though, she's been working so hard at reading and making huge leaps and bounds at it. She read 'antarctica' and 'pullover' the other day all by herself, I was very proud of her :D

My son is 6 months old, he got clothes and lots of new teething toys lol. Omygosh bibs too. He WRECKS bibs when eating.

I got aesop skincare stuff, I love it :D and a spa gift certificate that I'll probably use for a massage and leg waxing. Good times, I'm sure everyone wanted that leg hair update :p

My husband got a ticket to Cali to visit his best friend on his birthday. I hid it in a electric bill envelope he opened because I'm a jerk lol.

I spent Christmas up in NJ with my family. My parents got me this, and I absolutely love it! I'm probably going to be making heavy use of it it my music in the comming months.

After I got home from that, I almost immediately turned around to head back up to VA for an annual nerd convention, and it was awesome beyond awesome. I spent the whole weekend almost nonstop jamming with friends and attending various concerts, and my own band even played a brief set (which will probably show up on YouTube sometime in the next week or two). The whole thing was a blast.

And now I'm home and preparing for tomorrow's return to the real world.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back