Parents I met a CB-er today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
Finally got the opportunity to meet with a Chalk Bucket-er today at our gym's meet.:) Granny Smith! She located me at the merchandise table where I was held in captivity from about 8am to 4pm. I think it was the description of my 80's hair-do which gave me away quick since she came right up to me. I had a couple minutes to talk to her, and she pointed out her You-Tube-astic daughter to me on the floor. I wanted to stay to watch, knowing her floor routine is beautiful, but I couldn't leave my post for too long! Plus my own DD was running around the hotel w/the other L4's getting into trouble trying to find Shawn Johnson's room to "ding dong ditch her". Don't ask! She better get on here quick to give us the details on how her DD did, especially the vault, because I missed out on everything and don't even know where the scores were posted.

How fun! I hope she posts soon about her DDs meet. Now we will all be waiting.

And ??? to your DD trying to "ding dong ditch" Shawn Johnson. You would think they would try to find her to meet her or something. LOL. Silly girls.

Gee Blackie---sounds like you had a more stressful day at a meet than if your dd was competing. Lets see you were trying to get a glimpse of Granny's dd(very sweet of you), keep a smile on your face for 8 hours while trying to sell, sell, sell and keep track of dd who was trying to track down Shawn Johnson. That is one tiring day!!

BTW--Great your dd did get to meet Shawn and get her autograph and pic. Now, you can collapse!

How cool! I'm anxious to hear about Granny Smith's meet report too!

Hopefully one day I will get to meet one or both of you.... here are the meets we have coming up:
Jan 11 - both dd's at Sunburst
Jan 24 - Level 8 at Rutgers Color Games
Jan 31 - both dd's at ACE
Feb - Sectional for Level 5
Mar 1 - Rutgers Scarlet challenge for Level 8's

Isnt it fun to meet other CB'ers? Beetle and I met GymMonkey'sMom and her daughter. Beetle and her dd are the same age and are now pretty good friends!

I hope to meet a couple more CB'ers at the Chicago Meet!

It IS so much fun to be able to put a face and a "hello" to a fellow CB-er! I got to met GymDog at DD's last meet. Didn't get to spend much time talking to her tho, as she was helping to run the meet! It really helps to "shrink" our world a bit, doesn't it???

hat is so cool, I know one CB gymmie personally from our gym, but I have never met any others. I'd love to meet some of you guys, you are such great people.

Glad you got to have a few minutes to yourself, running elements of meets can be crazy!

Awesome...that's all I can say.

Hi folks, I'm back!

Yes, it was definitely great to meet Blackie and no it wasn't the 80s hair that gave it away. I just came up saying I'm looking for Blackie. I will post a meet report soon (I am exhausted from writing it and I have to do the short version for Chalk Bucket. It was not a great meet for dd, floor was good as usual, vault, the score wasn't high, but high for her, she even placed :D. She did her Yurchenko and lived to tell about it. Fell on beam and as for bars, her golden ticket - she bombed. She asks that I please do not put it up on You Tube, so I think I will put together everything and exclude bars per her request.)

Gymmonkeymomma - I think the only shot of us meeting would be at the 2nd Sectional for level 8 up at North Stars, if we even go. I am not sure if we will because it is so far North of us, we are from the South and if everyone qualifies at the 1st sectional we may skip the 2nd. If we don't go to the 2nd, hopefully we will meet up at States.

kristilyn - we are at the Chicago meet too. Dd is competing on Sunday at 8am. We are arriving on Friday, late morning, hoping to go to the college meet. Not sure if dd wants to go to the gymnast party or not. Saturday, our 9s & 10s compete so we will go watch them and then on Sunday it's our turn and then flying home at 6:45pm. When does your dd compete?

Gymmonkeymomma - I think the only shot of us meeting would be at the 2nd Sectional for level 8 up at North Stars, if we even go. I am not sure if we will because it is so far North of us, we are from the South and if everyone qualifies at the 1st sectional we may skip the 2nd. If we don't go to the 2nd, hopefully we will meet up at States.

Assuming that my DD will qualify for States!! LOL. We are not doing Sect #1 b/c HC thought it would be too much to compete Sat at RU and then Sun at Sectional.

Assuming that my DD will qualify for States!! LOL. We are not doing Sect #1 b/c HC thought it would be too much to compete Sat at RU and then Sun at Sectional.

You're probably right, that might be doing just a little too much! ;)

We'll be there for the Sectional, just got the bill! :rolleyes:

There are a few gyms that will not be there because they are going to the Parkettes meet - I know that North Stars and I believe ENA-Paramus will be at Parkettes and not the Sectional. Maybe dd's gym will be just competing against themselves.

GL to your dd at the RU meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back