WAG Plankoline (Vaulting Trampoline)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What brand is that mini tramp? Janssen-Fritsen?
It isn't a real minitramp. It's called a plankoline. Has the shape of a springboard and not quite as bouncy as a trampoline, but still less hard on the body. Different brands make them. The one in the video is Janssen-Fritsen. Gymnova had been used at our competitions before and I know bosan also make them. They are a great transition between minitramp and springboard

I have been asking this for a long time and nobody in the US can answer me...

Do you use these for Yurchenko style vaulting?

I guess this answers my question...

I've just never heard that term before.

We train every vault first with minitramp (exception yurchenko). Then plankoline then springboard. In the off season it's almost exclusively minitramp and plankoline, because it's much softer on the body. This is for optionals (everyone born in 2005 or earlier this year)

Every level in compulsory (born 2006 to 2012) uses the plankoline, except the 2006 kids on the elite route, they use plankoline for their yurchenko vault and springboard for the front handspring.

It's a great training aid

I'm actually not sure it's called a plankoline in English... Plankoline comes from the Dutch word for springboard (plank) and trampoline...

Plankoline sounds cool to me... we just call them "vault board tramps"... or "hard mini-tramps". I tried to buy these from a couple of dealers a couple of years ago and they both told me that they are not meant for Yurchenkos... so I just dropped it. But now that I see others are using them no problem for Yurcheckos... I'm going to get one. Have you ever used the Eurotramp version? It is below...

https://www.americanathletic.com/gymnastics-product.aspx?id=326&Booster+Board/Vault+Trampoline

Plankoline sounds cool to me... we just call them "vault board tramps"... or "hard mini-tramps". I tried to buy these from a couple of dealers a couple of years ago and they both told me that they are not meant for Yurchenkos... so I just dropped it. But now that I see others are using them no problem for Yurcheckos... I'm going to get one. Have you ever used the Eurotramp version? It is below...

https://www.americanathletic.com/gymnastics-product.aspx?id=326&Booster+Board/Vault+Trampoline

I vaulted on the Eurotramp version at a training camp some years ago, it was much better than using a mini tramp instead of a springboard.
The only thing that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable is the idea of hitting the floor through the board when it becomes worn, especially when you have older, heavier gymnasts running very fast. The distance between board and floor is not big. Just my two cents.

My current club has one, but it is mainly used for rec. Even pre-team uses real springboards (extra soft and bouncy boards) only.

Reactions: JBS
The only thing that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable is the idea of hitting the floor through the board when it becomes worn, especially when you have older, heavier gymnasts running very fast
Ours are adjustable in height a bit. I think 27 cm to 37 cm? This is the highest point for the board. We also always vault with a small mat underneath the plankoline or minitrampoline

DD's gym has something like this and she used it to learn her Yurchenko. She calls it the "air board" and upon searching I came across this which looks similar to what they use (as far as I can tell, vault is far into the gym so it's not the clearest view from the viewing gallery)
http://www.gymsupply.com/air-o-board.aspx

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back