DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
To help the WAG forum make more sense... thread prefixes have now been added. Please use them whenever appropriate. A screenshot of them is below...

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 2.41.53 PM.png

Please can you add one for 'non USA' (or 'FIG based systems' or something) otherwise 1. you effectively barre the rest of the world from posting and make them feel they don't fit in apart from a small sub forum and 2. it would flag up immediately for people reading that the poster is not part of JO etc. so people won't be as likely to give advice from the wrong perspective.

Please can you add one for 'non USA' (or 'FIG based systems' or something) otherwise 1. you effectively barre the rest of the world from posting and make them feel they don't fit in apart from a small sub forum and 2. it would flag up immediately for people reading that the poster is not part of JO etc. so people won't be as likely to give advice from the wrong perspective.

Sure... what does everyone think an appropriate prefix would be?

Last edited:
I think FIG based sounds better than non USA. Not all system out of the US are FIG based, so iT would give a bit of extra clearity

So what countries are "FIG based" vs "non-FIG based"? Wouldn't we still be eliminating people if we just used "FIG based"?

Unless we want to tag with geographic regions (Europe, Asia, Africa, ext.), I actually think non-US makes the most sense given that the majority of posts are US-centric. Well-meaning commentators often give irrelevant advice to non-US posters because they don’t realize they aren’t part of USAG. I think highlighting this is a “non-US” post would be helpful.

Here are some stats for everyone to look at as well... these are from 1/1/2018 - 5/20/2018...

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 11.09.31 AM.png

The one above is sorted by "users"... this next one is probably a better way to look at it... it is sorted by "sessions"...

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 11.15.51 AM.png

Cool! Love statistics. Considering the relative population size of some of the nations(almost 1,000 members from New Zealand!), the worldwide usage is imprsssive.

Cool! Love statistics. Considering the relative population size of some of the nations(almost 1,000 members from New Zealand!), the worldwide usage is imprsssive.

Yes and no... we have people viewing from all over... but most of them are not actual members of the site. Most people stop by to read a specific thread and then leave.

For example... the stats show 974 users from New Zealand accounted for 2,196 sessions... however... we only have 21 registered members from New Zealand and only 8 of those members have logged in during 2018.

It's very hard to get people to join the site.

No love for USAIGC?! LOL kidding! That is a really good idea :)

There could be an "Other" for USAIGC... AAU... YMCA... GIJO... the Texas one?... etc. I just didn't know if there was enough conversation on those or not? We can always add new prefixes in the future if there is a need. There is no harm in the threads in WAG having no prefix on them.

There could be an "Other" for USAIGC... AAU... YMCA... GIJO... the Texas one?... etc. I just didn't know if there was enough conversation on those or not? We can always add new prefixes in the future if there is a need. There is no harm in the threads in WAG having no prefix on them.
I was just kidding! But thanks! There definitely aren’t too many. Again, this is a good idea.

Sorry to join the conversation late, my internet was down yesterday.

No love for USAIGC?
I was initially thinking the same thing. While it would be nice to feel like we're represented, generally speaking the topics that I've posted here aren't specific to USAIGC and I appreciate when JO veterans (or anyone for that matter) responds. I appreciate all the different perspectives.

One suggestion would be to change to "US non JO" from "Xcel".

I think it would be interesting if you conduct a survey to ascertain % of members that are in JO, Xcel, USAIGC, elite, NCAA, YWAC, AAU,... (maybe post the overall results?)
- Which they/their kids are in now
- Which they are most interested in posting/reading about

OK... I think we may need a full scale "prefix" solution... however... I am not even sure how good everyone will grab onto the whole concept. Please start using the prefixes in the WAG forum. I am going to start a discussion discuss with the rest of the staff a solution for the entire site.

Really the concept of what we are looking to do is spark conversation in certain areas to attract new members while making the content on the site easier to find. There are several ways to do this... we have such tools as...
  • Prefixes
  • Tags
  • Actual Forums & Forum Index Layout
    • Categories
    • Sub-Categories
    • Forums
    • Sub-Forums
    • Social Forums
    • Private Social Forums
    • Private Forums
  • Site Search
  • Navigation Areas