MAG NCAA Camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

jenjean70

Proud Parent
I have seen this posted before and I am probably too late to do anything this year but I want my son to start visiting gymnastics camps at various colleges so he can get a feel for the campus and do gymnastics at the same time. What camps have you experienced and what colleges offer gymnastics camps? Thanks in advance! :)

We haven’t done any, but I do know that Ohio State and Penn State both have camps and I think Springfield College does one also.

My boys went to the Ohio State one over thanksgiving break (1 1/2 days) and are going back for the summer. They LOVED it. It was serious work and they were exhausted but the coaches were amazing. Theirs is just a day camp though so we stay in Columbus for the week (husband and I went to school there so good excuse to go visit).

They want to do the overnight one at Michigan next year. A friend of mine coaches the girls there and says the camp is great. But I have to convince my hardcore Buckeye husband to let the boys go into enemy territory ;)

There may be space still at Ohio State. The thanksgiving camp did not fill up.

My boys went to the Ohio State one over thanksgiving break (1 1/2 days) and are going back for the summer. They LOVED it. It was serious work and they were exhausted but the coaches were amazing. Theirs is just a day camp though so we stay in Columbus for the week (husband and I went to school there so good excuse to go visit).

They want to do the overnight one at Michigan next year. A friend of mine coaches the girls there and says the camp is great. But I have to convince my hardcore Buckeye husband to let the boys go into enemy territory ;)

There may be space still at Ohio State. The thanksgiving camp did not fill up.
My Aunt and cousins live in Ohio- where is Ohio state?

My dad loves the illinois camp. Iowa, oklahoma, Minnesota and Stanford all have camps too.

Someone mentioned Springfield College. A young man from DD gym is on the team at Springfield. Does anyone have anything they could offer to educate me about Springfield?

My son has gone to Stanford Camp a few times. This year he is also going to Air Force Academy. Both session of Stanford have space for non-resident campers. So your son could go this year, if you came with and got a hotel.

My son has gone to Stanford Camp a few times. This year he is also going to Air Force Academy. Both session of Stanford have space for non-resident campers. So your son could go this year, if you came with and got a hotel.

When is he coming? Are you coming?

What do you think of that camp? It looks intense which is good. My son doesn't really want to go to any camps where he is away from home- hes moy adventerous....but I want him to get a feel for different college campuses so when the time comes he can make an informed decision. :)

What do you think of that camp? It looks intense which is good. My son doesn't really want to go to any camps where he is away from home- hes moy adventerous....but I want him to get a feel for different college campuses so when the time comes he can make an informed decision. :)
stanford is a large camp, so lots of groups broken up by level and often age, which is nice. Half the time is spent on basics. Not too intense, but a lot of gymnastics. Swimming every afternoon and fun activities in the evening. They also do a campus tour and a session about the road to college gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back