Parents National Testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jrest08

Proud Parent
Hello,
Does anyone know how the formula to calculate scoring from National Testing? Also, any idea of a typical cutoff score?
Thanks!

Hello,
Does anyone know how the formula to calculate scoring from National Testing? Also, any idea of a typical cutoff score?
Thanks!

The cut off scores change every year so no way to really tell. Thinking maybe they will be a bit lower than last year because the physical abilities scoring was really tough. But just my opinion. This formula is the easiest to use:

PAx(100/72)x0.3 (for 10 year olds)
Skillsx(100/40)x0.7 (for 10 year olds)
You would change percentages for the other ages. And don’t forget to weight the beam and floor 80/20.

The cut off scores change every year so no way to really tell. Thinking maybe they will be a bit lower than last year because the physical abilities scoring was really tough. But just my opinion. This formula is the easiest to use:

You would change percentages for the other ages. And don’t forget to weight the beam and floor 80/20.

Thank you!
What was the cutoff last year?

This is our first time ever testing. I’m curious how skills scoring compared? How were physical abilities harder this year?

I’ve heard some people say they are scoring lower over all than state testing, and last years, but wondered if that was as a whole or situational.

Can you please explain what you mean by "weight the beam and floor 80/20"? THANK YOU!

This is our first time ever testing. I’m curious how skills scoring compared? How were physical abilities harder this year?

I’ve heard some people say they are scoring lower over all than state testing, and last years, but wondered if that was as a whole or situational.
I think the PA scoring was much tougher this year!

For us it was definitely casts this year. Even our coach said we were underscored as she had straight arms and legs and he was sure she hit within the 15 degrees but they didn’t count any of them. She was perfect at both state tests she did this year and at national testing last year. And they have always been tough on the presses.

Can you please explain what you mean by "weight the beam and floor 80/20"? THANK YOU!
The beam acro score is only worth 80% and the beam dance is worth 20%. You have to figure those numbers and then add together to get your overall beam score. Same with floor.

For us it was definitely casts this year. Even our coach said we were underscored as she had straight arms and legs and he was sure she hit within the 15 degrees but they didn’t count any of them. She was perfect at both state tests she did this year and at national testing last year. And they have always been tough on the presses.
Mine had perfect PA scores for state testing and she got dinged on casts which looked beautiful but she did get 7 and she got 2 dings on handstand hold which also looked beautiful.

Mine had perfect PA scores for state testing and she got dinged on casts which looked beautiful but she did get 7 and she got 2 dings on handstand hold which also looked beautiful.
Congrats on 7 she must have been AMAZING! The evaluator was extremely difficult but he was difficult across the board so there is that. I heard him tell groups over and over again what they were looking forward, gave lots of of advice during warm ups and feedback while testing. Lower back arch (however small) seemed to be the killer for most. I also heard bars in skills was the toughest scoring as well.

Congrats on 7 she must have been AMAZING! The evaluator was extremely difficult but he was difficult across the board so there is that. I heard him tell groups over and over again what they were looking forward, gave lots of of advice during warm ups and feedback while testing. Lower back arch (however small) seemed to be the killer for most. I also heard bars in skills was the toughest scoring as well.
Yes. I think she did well on it but there were quite a few that got zeros! As long as they were consistent with the scoring then it will be fine in the end. I was so nervous about the PA only being 30% for 10 yr olds but it probably worked in their favor this year since the scoring was so tough on that part. I wish they could all make it!! Mine made B camp last year by skin of her teeth. I am really hoping she can make A but only 45. Yikes!!!

Well according to those formulas, my 10 yo scored an 87.76, but it seems like 9 yo skills were a little looser on judging because her 9yo teammate scored slightly higher on skills with 4 falls and mine had none? Regardless, what will be will be, fingers crossed for everyone lol.

Well according to those formulas, my 10 yo scored an 87.76, but it seems like 9 yo skills were a little looser on judging because her 9yo teammate scored slightly higher on skills with 4 falls and mine had none? Regardless, what will be will be, fingers crossed for everyone lol.
Wow. Good score! 4 falls?? Well this should be interesting!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back