Parents TOPS camp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymbrat77

Proud Parent
Hi everyone. Like everyone else, I eagerly await the scores from TOPs Nationals. This is my daughter's 1st time testing. I don't know if she made it to camp or not, but I think she has a fighting chance.

Anyone here been there before? What is up all about? Do parents go with them? How does it work? What are the benefits of camp?

My daughter has never been to TOPS camp but she did just return from devo camp at Flip Fest which is where I believe the TOPS camps will be held. I would be more than happy to answer any basic camp questions you have (what to pack, where it's located, etc..).

I was going to post my own thread with questions too, but this is a good thread to post my questions as well. I too am interested in knowing more details about the camps. For example, I noticed that in 2016 USAG posted 3 separate lists with A Camp, B Camp, and Developmental Invite Camp qualifiers. Which list should you prefer your daughter to be on? If your daughter is invited to DIC, do they not go to tops A Camp or B Camp?

I was going to post my own thread with questions too, but this is a good thread to post my questions as well. I too am interested in knowing more details about the camps. For example, I noticed that in 2016 USAG posted 3 separate lists with A Camp, B Camp, and Developmental Invite Camp qualifiers. Which list should you prefer your daughter to be on? If your daughter is invited to DIC, do they not go to tops A Camp or B Camp?
The reason I ask about the lists is because I noticed the name of one of my daughter's former teammates in the 2016 DIC list but not on either of the A Camo or B Camp lists.

Though I believe A camp is fully funded and B and DIC less so. So depending on your financial situation, getting an A camp spot might be good. Many kids do not do DIC, it is a relatively new invention by USAG. It is absolutely not essential to make elite.

Next question: Do initial DIC invitees (the ones with top priority) have their camp costs covered by USAG like A Camp qualifiers? Also based on your answer would I be correct in assuming that no gymnast's name appears on two lists at the same time? In other words given that there are three lists DIC, National A, and National B, will know gymnast's name appear on two of those lists.

You are correct...if a girl is invited straight to DIC, she does not go to TOPS camp.
It was said that as of last year, they are not inviting directly from national testing. There are some kids that did get them prior to testing (by sending videos), but apparently there were complaints about not getting to go to A camp since it is paid for, and DIC isn't.

Reactions: sce
It was said that as of last year, they are not inviting directly from national testing. There are some kids that did get them prior to testing (by sending videos), but apparently there were complaints about not getting to go to A camp since it is paid for, and DIC isn't.

I wondered why the separate list didn’t go out next year. Makes sense.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back