Parents National TOPs Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone have any insight on whether or not there are any alternates for B camp ever? Just in case some aren’t able to attend? Just asking as my daughter is 0.1 from the cutoff.

yes! It happened to my daughter last year. She was first one in line and from what I hear several will drop out and you willl get notified. It can happen so don’t lose faith!
Were you told ahead of time your daughter was first in line? If you don’t mind me asking, how far off was your daughters score from the cuttoff score? Just trying to prepare myself and also trying to hold out hope!

Kids get bumped up to A camp from B camp, kids get bumped into B camp as well. Girls drop out every year. In fact we had world War III break out discussing it a few years back.

I did remove the scores as requested by the poster.

Were you told ahead of time your daughter was first in line? If you don’t mind me asking, how far off was your daughters score from the cuttoff score? Just trying to prepare myself and also trying to hold out hope!
No but she was only off by less that .1 so coaches emailed Kim after a week and asked and she said new list was going out and she was on it. It may be a week or so..... some people will elect not to go, injuries, etc. with yours being so close then I would think she willl. Fingers crossed!!!

Pella423 A girl from our gym got bumped into B from "not making it" last year as well. I don't know score details. I would expect your DD to get in! The girl didn't hear right away of course, but our coach motivated to make it happen. I think your DD/coach should plan that she will make it!

Pella423 A girl from our gym got bumped into B from "not making it" last year as well. I don't know score details. I would expect your DD to get in! The girl didn't hear right away of course, but our coach motivated to make it happen. I think your DD/coach should plan that she will make it!
I agree!

My daughter got a 84.65.. .14 away from b team according to her coach. :( I asked her if she thought she could have a chance as an alternate but she didn’t know how that works. Opinions? Thoughts? ANY hope?? My daughter is heartbroken. Her birthday is 12/28 so had to test as a 10yr old even though she’s 8.

My daughter got a 84.65.. .14 away from b team according to her coach. :( I asked her if she thought she could have a chance as an alternate but she didn’t know how that works. Opinions? Thoughts? ANY hope?? My daughter is heartbroken. Her birthday is 12/28 so had to test as a 10yr old even though she’s 8.

Yes, if gymnasts back out of B camp, others will be bumped up in order. Stay hopeful!

So how does this whole alternate process work? Are the girls that have already made the team required to commit or accept by a certain date? Just curious how Kim is notified of the girls that decide not to attend?

Yes- I believe so. It took a couple weeks last time so don’t lose faith. If she is that close then there is a real possibility. Good luck!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back