WAG Tuition cost??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Skye Fernandez

Proud Parent
I hope this is ok to ask if not Ill delete. Ive been told Im over paying lol But I was hoping to compare if some of you wouldnt mind telling me how much y'alls tuition is. Also maybe your childs level and how many hours they train? TIA

DD1: Level 4, 16 hours, $400/month, $2200 assessment fees (meet fees, coach fees, leos, backpacks, warm-ups, etc)
DD2: Developmental Group (training 4/5/6), 14 hours, $331/month (with sibling discount-not sure how much the discount actually is!), $2200 assessment fees

I looked at other gyms in our area pretty recently, and they all seem pretty similar in cost.

O wow. My DD is level 4 12 hours a week and i pay $380. Definitely safe to say I'm overpaying?
Whether or not you're overpaying depends on more than your straight tuition. There are also other costs/fees to be calculated in, as well as general cost of living. Some places (NYC comes to mind) are just insanely expensive and it filters through to tuition for gym as well. Someone will not likely pay the same in Columbus, Ohio as San Fran, CA, for example.

O wow. My DD is level 4 12 hours a week and i pay $380. Definitely safe to say I'm overpaying?

Like others have said, it’s hard to compare unless you know the cost of living and other information about the area. We do not live in or near a very large city ( like for example Dallas, Chicago) and gym prices reflect that. It’s the same as when you buy a house- $200,000 might get you 3,000 sq ft in one place and 1,000 sq ft in another.

That is also flat tuition for us, strictly the cost of training.
Leos are paid for in addition, we pay meet fees per meet, and we don’t have a booster or parent organization to pay into- some gyms roll a bunch of those costs into the monthly fees.

First hour: €17,50 per month
Second hour: €12,90 per month
Third hour and after: €9,80 per month

So I'm training 4 hours a week for 17,50+12, 90+9,80+9,80= 50 euro per month

The other club in our town has 4 hours for €57,35

We are in a very high cost of living area and in a somewhat unique situation as we are T and T so lower hours but all of our coaches fees are rolled into tuition (so we don’t pay extra for them to coach or travel to meets) but I pay about $350 a month for 6 instructional hours and 4 open gym hours a week. As others have said, it’s hard to compare tuitions from different areas.
And just as an aside @SMH -your post made me laugh and cry at the same time- $200,000 won’t even get you a 500 square foot condo in the worst neighborhood here-try at least $400,000 for that...

Like others have said, it’s hard to compare unless you know the cost of living and other information about the area. We do not live in or near a very large city ( like for example Dallas, Chicago) and gym prices reflect that. It’s the same as when you buy a house- $200,000 might get you 3,000 sq ft in one place and 1,000 sq ft in another.

That is also flat tuition for us, strictly the cost of training.
Leos are paid for in addition, we pay meet fees per meet, and we don’t have a booster or parent organization to pay into- some gyms roll a bunch of those costs into the monthly fees.

I am i dfw area. Fees aren't included in tuition. We pay for all that separately. A mom from DD previous gym told me I was crazy lol. Thats why I ask. There are things that I really like about this gym that almost makes it worth it for me even if am overpaying :D

Reactions: SMH
Level 4 16 hours $390 a month TOPS 2 hours $40 a month (but quitting cause they dont do anything anymore so why?) meets and leos extra

That works out to about $8 an hour. I would say maybe slightly higher than average for team but would not consider it over paying(especially if you are otherwise happy with the gym). I would say most pay between $4-$10 an hour for team, usually the lower the level and number of hours the higher per hour you pay.

For the DFW area, that is a bit high, but not crazy, for 12 hours a week at level 4. We are also in DFW, and it has been several years since level 4. But I remember we paid $375 for levels 5 and 6 at 20 hours per week. I'm sure with inflation that has gone up a bit, though.

Level 7 and paying $395 for 19 hours a week and additional $100 for TOPs training approx. 4 hours a week so about $500 a month, not including meet fees or Leo’s/warm ups. We are in a higher cost of living suburb

Reactions: sce
We are in Ohio, and pay $350/month for 12 hours of level 4 plus $75/month for 6 hours a week of Fast Track. Comp fees/attire/etc are separate and an additional $1900.

Reactions: sce
Level 8 - 18 hrs/week - $365 month
Booster Club takes the money for competition fees, attire and coaches expenses. Meet fees- $700; Competition attire (this includes leo, warm up, leggings and backpack but only new to team needed all items) - $330 total; Booster Club has finally figured out how to fundraise and coaches expenses were covered for all athletes this season.

Southern CA

Level 4/5- training 15 hours a week- tuition is $327 a month. Doesn't include meet/coaches fees. Those run between $700 and $1000 a year for compulsories.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back