I need aerial help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am considered fairly tall for a gymnast nd have my aerial, so height shouldn't be the problem. Somethings that helped me get my aerial were doing it off of a panel or stacked mat. That gives you a little bit more height making it easier to land. I also had a huge problem with putting my hands down when not necessary. To fix that problem I ended up having to take off my wrist braces that I needed to tumble and trying it. I didn't need them for the aerial and that push to not land on my hands gave me the confidence to finally throw an aerial. Best of luck.

Somethings that helped me get my aerial were doing it off of a panel or stacked mat. That gives you a little bit more height making it easier to land. I also had a huge problem with putting my hands down when not necessary. To fix that problem I ended up having to take off my wrist braces that I needed to tumble and trying it. I didn't need them for the aerial and that push to not land on my hands gave me the confidence to finally throw an aerial.
Also try do a fast cartwheel and lifting your hands up at the last second. Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back