After Badges/UK Levels System

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My almost 7 year old daughter has been doing gymnastics for 2.5 years and does 3 hours a week and has badges 1-8. She is in an intermediate recreational class and at the end of December they were all awarded certificates with a breakdown of skills and points awarded on the reverse. Hers was Level 2 bronze. Does this mean she is doing Level 2 gymnastics and are these awarded on an annual basis? Are there new badges to work towards? What can I expect in terms of how gymnastics develops? Will she continue with recreational or will she move into competing? She is very keen to compete but I'm just not sure how it all works. Thanks.

Every club is different and some offer competitions and some don't. You need to ask your coach if and how she can move into a competition class or squad. At 7 she is a good age to move towards this and if she has BG badge 1 she definitely has some skills for the lower levels at floor and vault. If they don't offer anything suitable for her (because she doesn't fit their system or they don't do any) then ring around and ask for trials elsewhere. You may have to try a few before you find something suitable. If she has been there such a long time doing quite high hours for rec and has all her badges, but hasn't been moved to a competition squad then I suspect they won't now offer her one. So be prepared to ring around and do trials. There is somewhere for everyone so do not give up. Good luck.

Every club is different and some offer competitions and some don't. You need to ask your coach if and how she can move into a competition class or squad. At 7 she is a good age to move towards this and if she has BG badge 1 she definitely has some skills for the lower levels at floor and vault. If they don't offer anything suitable for her (because she doesn't fit their system or they don't do any) then ring around and ask for trials elsewhere. You may have to try a few before you find something suitable. If she has been there such a long time doing quite high hours for rec and has all her badges, but hasn't been moved to a competition squad then I suspect they won't now offer her one. So be prepared to ring around and do trials. There is somewhere for everyone so do not give up. Good luck.
Thank you

Are there different levels? My daughter's certificate was Level 2 so does that mean she is doing Level 2 Gymnastics? I can't seem to find an explanation of UK General Gymnastics Levels.

The level 2 on her certificate must be a recreational level awarded by your club. I can't find anything that is Bronze level 2 through BG. Unless you are not at a BG club but a UK gymnastics club which uses lower levels based on an American system.

what sort of skills does it list? PM me if you want and I'll tell you where to start looking.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back