WAG Who will replace Miss Val?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ive heard rumors it will be Jo. However, it seems more likely to me it would be Randy or Chris, since they are the associate head coaches

I can't imagine Jordyn taking the reigns. This is UCLA. She needs more experience. Just because you're a former gymnast doesn't mean you possess the skills to take over a NCAA championship team.
I totally agree with you! I think she will become head coach one day, just that that day is not in the coming few years.

I can't imagine Jordyn taking the reigns. This is UCLA. She needs more experience. Just because you're a former gymnast doesn't mean you possess the skills to take over a NCAA championship team.
You make a point. In saying that, when Miss Val first started coaching the UCLA gymnastics team in 1983, she had absolutely no gymnastics experience. She wasn't a gymnast, and had never been coached by a gymnast or gymnastics coach. Either way, I'm sure they'll pick the right person/people :)

You make a point. In saying that, when Miss Val first started coaching the UCLA gymnastics team in 1983, she had absolutely no gymnastics experience. She wasn't a gymnast, and had never been coached by a gymnast or gymnastics coach. Either way, I'm sure they'll pick the right person/people :)

But UCLA wasn't the same team back in 1983 either... heck, gymnastics wasn't the same back in 1983! :p But I agree, they will be very careful and hopefully they land on someone that can continue the magic!

But UCLA wasn't the same team back in 1983 either... heck, gymnastics wasn't the same back in 1983! :p But I agree, they will be very careful and hopefully they land on someone that can continue the magic!

Oh, but the team was still magical back in 1983. I was a kid in the deep south and that's the school I set my sights on because of their gymnastics team. My 10yr old self had big dreams of competing there one day. :cool:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back