WAG I must be a dummy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mamabear

Proud Parent
I am obviously overlooking something extremely obvious, but what was with vault at the GK Classic? Only 3 gymnasts placed. Simone obviously had the highest posted score, but Jade was awarded first, Simone wasn't given a medal at all, along with most of the other girls. I am confused LOLOL Help a clueless fan out?

In order to medal on Vault gymnasts had to perform 2 different vaults from two different families ( groups, types of vaults) . Simone and the others only performed one.

It’s the same way at worlds, the Olympics and other major competitions.

In order to medal on Vault gymnasts had to perform 2 different vaults from two different families ( groups, types of vaults) . Simone and the others only performed one.

It’s the same way at worlds, the Olympics and other major competitions.
Yes, and this is why Jade has a really good shot of making the Olympic team. We are pulling hard for her over here!

I am obviously overlooking something extremely obvious, but what was with vault at the GK Classic? Only 3 gymnasts placed. Simone obviously had the highest posted score, but Jade was awarded first, Simone wasn't given a medal at all, along with most of the other girls. I am confused LOLOL Help a clueless fan out?
It looks like only 3 gymnasts - Jade, Aleah Finnegan and Shilese Jones - performed two vaults. It's not in the results but I looked it up on Youtube (searching 2019 GK US Classic Vault 2).
1. Jade - 14.9 + 14.7
2. Aleah - 14.45 + 13.35
3. Shilese - 14.65 + 13.05

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back