WAG Trouble landing my Aerial

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys!

I'm a dancer and a former gymnast! a few months ago I got my side aerial but then lost it from not practicing. Ever since I have been working really hard trying to get it back! I finally can do it off a panel mat folded up but can't seem to land it without one elbow going down and then I don't land it! This only happens on my mat unfolded or in the grass. Also I do it with my arms in a t. I really want it back! Any one have any tips so I can land it on the ground?

~ Emma Grace ~

A common issue in landing side ariels in not kicking your back leg high enough. Using your back leg to drive you over will allow for a faster flip, which helps you land more upright.

Another issue may be the lack of practice, which likely lowered your mental confidence and weakened your technique.

This video does not teach the "gymnastics way" of doing an ariel, but it is really straightforward and useful. You can skip past the first part if you have that down already.
HowToDoArielCartwheel----7-Steps

Remember, don't push yourself too hard and always practice in a safe environment. Good luck!

A common issue in landing side ariels in not kicking your back leg high enough. Using your back leg to drive you over will allow for a faster flip, which helps you land more upright.

Another issue may be the lack of practice, which likely lowered your mental confidence and weakened your technique.

This video does not teach the "gymnastics way" of doing an ariel, but it is really straightforward and useful. You can skip past the first part if you have that down already.
HowToDoArielCartwheel----7-Steps

Remember, don't push yourself too hard and always practice in a safe environment. Good luck!
Is it better to run into it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back