WAG Level 4 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cmarie

Proud Parent
Hi there!

My DD is just about to enter competition season as a level 4. For some reason she is having some trouble with vaulting without an arch.

Level 4 Vault Video

We are thinking of getting her some privates, but I’m wondering if there are any thoughts/observations on where we should focus the privates?

I don’t sideline coach her but she’s pretty shy and I am trying to gently push her to have conversations with her coaches about things she wants to work on. Her coaches say they know she can do it and she just has to want it and to be consistent but she hasn’t translated that into a correction yet.

Any observations would be helpful!

My level 10 says jump onto the board more hollow and get on to the table faster. Whatever that means. :)
She knew what your level 10 meant lol! She said that last night she asked her coach what she was doing wrong and she said hollow and tighter. I know what she means by get on the table faster, my DD’s run is quite slow. She doesn’t think she can control her landing if she runs at full speed.

that's a pretty decent vault, I wouldn't worry about. Let the coaches and time take care of it. It took my DD until level 7 to figure it all out. First season she did a front handspring she got an 8.0, Last time she did a front handspring she was regional champion.

Agreed. You've got several seasons ahead of you with the same vault. It will work itself out. If your biggest worry is clearing the vault without an arch, she's doing pretty good for herself. :) My dd's first year vaulting over the table we were just happy that she made it over without killing herself. lol.

Thankfully, it’s not really several seasons any more! Our gym doesn’t compete 5, so we only had one season of the level 4 vault thank goodness. DD did ok with it, I think her high was a 9.15 or so...just happy that vault is in the past!

OP, having just spent a season watching level 4, that’s a pretty good starting point. She is blocking at least and has some height. The hollow shape will come!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back