Parents Competition leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Isn’t it technically already a deduction- if the judge chooses to take it? It’s my understanding that they’ve simply decided to start enforcing their already existing rules more stringently next year.
my daughter has a competition next Sat, we was just told that the rules are different in France so we need a leo liner. Prob is if we order it the liner it won’t make it to my house in time, we leave Monday morning that’s why I was asking

my daughter has a competition next Sat, we was just told that the rules are different in France so we need a leo liner. Prob is if we order it the liner it won’t make it to my house in time, we leave Monday morning that’s why I was asking
Go to a local dance shop- they’ll have a good selection of leo liners in stock that she could try on with her comp leo and walk out with that day.

Ty's Dad - Discount Dance has multiple locations in California and would definitely have a liner that would fit.

Yes, it’s 0.2 but not until next season.
No, it’s already a deduction, they just were forced to clarify it and make a point that it will be enforced . They gave gyms a year because some people have just purchased leotards. They let it go too long, people started testing the boundaries, and it got ridiculous, so they had to bring everyone’s attention to the rule thats been a rule forever, and they had to make very specific measurements because of the gyms who decided the rules didn’t apply to them.

I’m sorry, buts it’s been irritating seeing it posted over and over on Facebook and other places that “it’s a new rule“ when it’s actually an existing rule. Nothing personal towards you, I promise.

No, it’s already a deduction, they just were forced to clarify it and make a point that it will be enforced . They gave gyms a year because some people have just purchased leotards. They let it go too long, people started testing the boundaries, and it got ridiculous, so they had to bring everyone’s attention to the rule thats been a rule forever, and they had to make very specific measurements because of the gyms who decided the rules didn’t apply to them.

I’m sorry, buts it’s been irritating seeing it posted over and over on Facebook and other places that “it’s a new rule“ when it’s actually an existing rule. Nothing personal towards you, I promise.

Yes, I totally get that. I do. But, USAG didn’t enforce it, and as such, I simply meant they won’t until next August. I probably should have been more clear. And yes, I agree it was in response to a few specific gyms, but I also place some blame on the leo companies. Why even offer such an open back??

Yes, I totally get that. I do. But, USAG didn’t enforce it, and as such, I simply meant they won’t until next August. I probably should have been more clear. And yes, I agree it was in response to a few specific gyms, but I also place some blame on the leo companies. Why even offer such an open back??

And the companies are still offering them! I know of one gym that just ordered their comp leos and they are not compliant. I thought companie and coaches knew about the enforcement of this rule. These poor girls will now have this open back leo for the next 2 seasons.

And the companies are still offering them! I know of one gym that just ordered their comp leos and they are not compliant. I thought companie and coaches knew about the enforcement of this rule. These poor girls will now have this open back leo for the next 2 seasons.
and those companies get to sell more LEOs and it’s no “skin” off the gyms back, they are not paying.

This just shows their total disregard for the rules. Basically challenging the judges next season to take the deduction. I feel bad for the gymnasts who are going to get lower scores over something so easily avoided. I feel bad for the parents who put up the money and will now have to either add fabric at more expense or watch their kids’ get lower scores than they should. I do not feel bad for the owner who has to face the parental wrath, because they were warned and chose to ignore it. i think that kind of attitude is why there are other, more serious, problems in gyms and in gymnastics in general. Every sport has uniform rules and you can’t participate if your uniform doesn’t comply, so why do gyms think they are exempt from uniform specifications? I also judge HS cheer, and they have very strict uniform rules that if even 1 cheerleader violates the rules, the entire team score is lowered.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back