WAG Switching process?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgirllove

Proud Parent
My daughter is planing on switching out of Xcel and in to JO in a couple years, how dose that work typically? Her gym only goes up to platinum for Xcel so what level would she be moved in to (most likely) and is there any good to know information? I want to be prepared before hand

From: https://usagym.org/pages/women/pages/overview_jo.html
  1. Athletes whose competitive experience has been in any system (including USA Gymnastics’ Xcel Program) must enter the Junior Olympic Program at Level 4.
  2. Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience in any system (including USA Gymnastics) and who is a minimum of 14 years of age OR is at least a freshman in High School is eligible to petition by submitting a formal written request to the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 7 and below. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level.

How old will your daughter be when she plans on making this switch?

She will be about 15 at the time give or take. The seccond option sounds great for her and I’ll have to tell her! Thanks

Our gym goes Platinum to level 7. (Scoring out of 4 and 5 first.) Platinum is a lot like levels 5 and 6, so depening on the skills she has, 6 or 7 is the usual placement - I have seen one girl from another gym go 8, but that's pretty rare.

Our gym goes Platinum to level 7. (Scoring out of 4 and 5 first.) Platinum is a lot like levels 5 and 6, so depening on the skills she has, 6 or 7 is the usual placement - I have seen one girl from another gym go 8, but that's pretty rare.
You can’t go platinum to 8, you have to do level 7. Unless you mean they went platinum to one level 7 meet and earned a 32.00 and then to level 8?

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if a girl from another league competed a meet at level 8 without submitting a petition to USAG and/or scoring out of level 4, 5, and 7?

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if a girl from another league competed a meet at level 8 without submitting a petition to USAG and/or scoring out of level 4, 5, and 7?
Honestly, in our experience, nothing. But with more online meet registrations, it might be hard to register at all without a valid usag number reflecting the athlete’s level.

You can’t go platinum to 8, you have to do level 7. Unless you mean they went platinum to one level 7 meet and earned a 32.00 and then to level 8?
:rolleyes: She was platinum one year and level 8 the next. Since it wasn't our gym and score outs aren't usually on mymeetscores, I have no way of verifying score out.

I already - in the sentence before - talked about scoring out for going to 7. I really didn't think I needed to say it AGAIN in talking about going to 8.

I asked once, and was told it would invalidate the entire meet, and no scores from the meet would count towards things like qualifying or mobility. Now this was probably 10 years ago, and I don’t remember who I asked—it was someone official, that’s all I remember. Our state has a very conscientious chair who actually checks these things and makes sure everyone is where they belong.

:rolleyes: She was platinum one year and level 8 the next. Since it wasn't our gym and score outs aren't usually on mymeetscores, I have no way of verifying score out.

I already - in the sentence before - talked about scoring out for going to 7. I really didn't think I needed to say it AGAIN in talking about going to 8.
You’re the one who said she went platinum to 8, I was just clarifying it for people who might not understand, because even though you may have talked about it in a previous post doesn’t mean newbies grasp the rules immediately.

What’s with this forum lately? It seems more like a Facebook page than an adult discussion board, with everyone snipping at everyone all the time.

You’re the one who said she went platinum to 8, I was just clarifying it for people who might not understand, because even though you may have talked about it in a previous post doesn’t mean newbies grasp the rules immediately.

What’s with this forum lately? It seems more like a Facebook page than an adult discussion board, with everyone snipping at everyone all the time.
I don’t think it was a snap at you I think the poster just Assumed you wanted them to prove how they went to 8 after platinum but all they knew was they were platinum one year then level 8 the most. Which you weren’t you were just clarifying they must have scored out. Most likely either scored out of 7 at one comp then did 8 the same year. Or a special consideration. Either way it reads as though it was just a loss in context through text words. The upper case AGAIN was a bit extra but not malicious. This forum is at most a great way for parents and coaches to understand the sport more.

I didn't mention it in "another post" it was in the sentence before. I apologize if you were genuinely confused. I thought the post was pretty clear.
I was not confused, and I do not appreciate the condescension. I read your posts. I was clarifying your statement to other readers. Some people read those things and think a gymnast actually went Platinum to 8 without doing level 7. So move on with this thread Please.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back