WAG USAG enforcing leotard policy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FWIW I showed my 13 year old the Leo above and she was horrified for the girls. (She also called it hideous and wondered why someone would choose it) but she pointed out that with the cut- nipples could pop out very easily along with everything else. That mesh with that cut is just wrong.
I sure hope there is some sort of lining under the mesh parts... I agree the leo is ugly on top of being inappropriate.
I am glad I live in a country where FIG rules have been applied since forever. I would be very happy if bar shorts were allowed (or even mandatory) in competition : no girl should feel insecure or uneasy due to sport attire.

I sure hope there is some sort of lining under the mesh parts... I agree the leo is ugly on top of being inappropriate.

They do not really look lined do they? But all the Sylvia P competition leotards I ever seen are fully lined under mesh (except for mesh sleeves which are not lined). Whatever else can be said about them, they are always very well made.

the college gymnasts pull up their leos and then roll them under to make them even higher. I’ve seen it and have been told about it. So don’t blame the coaches, the gymnasts actually do like them that way.
I watched a NCAA meet on tv last night and it really looked like most of the girls pulled up the leos to make them higher. They were high up but were sort of baggy in the lower back area which makes me feel that they pulled them up.

We were at an NCAA meet last weekend and watching on TV last night. My husband was sitting there going "Why are their Leo's so high?? This seems so wrong! They look like they're Brazilian cut on their bottoms!". I definitely noticed that it appeared some gymnasts (at least last week when we could look at all 20 girls in person) had a preference and somehow altered them to be a little higher than the others. I know body type makes a difference but still truly feel some like them exposing more skin for whatever reason.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back