WAG L8 beam dismount, 2 ??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

My daughter is currently doing a CW-BT.

We know this is not up leve.

How much is it costing her point wise min/max?

What are her options? She is not a fan of forward flipping.

Because I would like to speak about it with her and not say what other flippy options do you have....

TIA

My daughter is currently doing a CW-BT.

We know this is not up leve.

How much is it costing her point wise min/max?

What are her options? She is not a fan of forward flipping.

Because I would like to speak about it with her and not say what other flippy options do you have....

TIA

Her current dismount is an A acro connected to an A dismount. This is a 0.05 composition deduction. To achieve no composition deduction, she could change the cartwheel to a round-off (which would be a B acro) followed by a back tuck, or she could continue to do a cartwheel and connect it to a tuck or layout with either a half or full twist (which would be a B dismount)

Attachments

• 4F50C478-04C1-4802-84FA-5B147CD180EC.jpeg
    4F50C478-04C1-4802-84FA-5B147CD180EC.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 24
My daughter started out with BHS - BT and eneded the season with BHS - BHS - BT. Most do RH - BT

thanks folks

And of course this leads to more pondering

She is really only losing .05? I’m thinking she is getting dinged more then that.

And just RO would make it up to level? Again I would think there should be more?

Regarding BHS. That is a huge mental issue vat the moment and where her score is really taking a beat down. She will not do any series on the high beam at the moment.

Low Beam no problem. High beam not even with stacked mats she will do one solitary BHS and that’s it. A much harder fix and we (parents and coach get she can physically and mentally is just not there yet).

Dismount is more easily addressed if I knew the options.

And I was just wondering the additional impact on her score. My thought was something that could be more easily addressed that would boost her score in a way that would boost her mental confidence. But if it’s truly just 0.05 it’s probably not even worth going there. She is working hard on her series.

I agree that the deduction for the dismount is so minor that it’s probably not worth worrying about right now in the grand scheme of things. Does she have other skills that could replace the BHS in her series temporarily? Back walkover - back tuck, Front-walkover - back tuck or FWO - Front handspring are other possible series options.

I agree that the deduction for the dismount is so minor that it’s probably not worth worrying about right now in the grand scheme of things. Does she have other skills that could replace the BHS in her series temporarily? Back walkover - back tuck, Front-walkover - back tuck or FWO - Front handspring are other possible series options.
The whole series thing is an issue.....

BWO-BWO hurts her back and was never that solid to begin with.....

She knows how hard it is to get credit for front tumbling and she is stubborn. Any series is a mental issue So.......She has locked her brain on BHS-BHS, yet her brain is going oh no, not yet. She is actually making progress, it’s just like watching grass grow.

Its rather like her giant. Took her forever and once she finally did it once, it’s solid, no coming and going......

For series, I know she is working on the BHS-BHS ... but what about cartwheel-roundoff or dive cartwheel - roundoff?
We have a L8 that has broken her back twice, so she doesn't do BWO or BHS on beam and limits them on floor.

Good luck to her.

For series, I know she is working on the BHS-BHS ... but what about cartwheel-roundoff or dive cartwheel - roundoff?
We have a L8 that has broken her back twice, so she doesn't do BWO or BHS on beam and limits them on floor.

Good luck to her.
I appreciate the options.

And she is ready to die on her hill. Coaches and I have made many suggestion. She is having none of it.

I admire her stick-to-it-ness. She is working them diligently in the floor beam and low beam. She understands it’s costing her major points and medals. And she just keeps going.

She had an injury last year that pretty much made it the season not to be, puberty, middle school, lost some teammates heading off to other things. And she has come out the other side and has her joy back.

Us grown ups don’t have her level of patience :p:)

I thought perhaps shifting the focus might help. But I also pick my battles. Seems the dismount isn’t worth it.

I appreciate the options.

And she is ready to die on her hill. Coaches and I have made many suggestion. She is having none of it.

I admire her stick-to-it-ness. She is working them diligently in the floor beam and low beam. She understands it’s costing her major points and medals. And she just keeps going.

She had an injury last year that pretty much made it the season not to be, puberty, middle school, lost some teammates heading off to other things. And she has come out the other side and has her joy back.

Us grown ups don’t have her level of patience :p:)

I thought perhaps shifting the focus might help. But I also pick my battles. Seems the dismount isn’t worth it.
The dismount is not worth it. And could cause more issues if you try to change it. Leave the .05 and hopefully the series will come in time.

Mine was scared of round-offs on beam so did the cartwheel-back tuck or pike dismount in level 8. She scored well on beam, so I do think it’s not a big deduction. Hope your DD’s series clicks soon. It’s so hard to stay patient when everyone knows she could do it if her brain would just let her. Glad everyone is giving her the time she needs.

Mine was scared of round-offs on beam so did the cartwheel-back tuck or pike dismount in level 8. She scored well on beam, so I do think it’s not a big deduction. Hope your DD’s series clicks soon. It’s so hard to stay patient when everyone knows she could do it if her brain would just let her. Glad everyone is giving her the time she needs.
Thanks. She is a decent gymmie but oh so slow to acquire skills. I know it’s costing her podium placements but she is having a great year otherwise. She got her giant, more consistently landing her tsuk.Tuck Tuck on floor getting there., and enjoying gym.... and most importantly healthy......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back