WAG Creative ideas for level 7 leap pass on floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LJL07

Proud Parent
Not sure why, but my daughter just can't get the hang of a switch leap. She is super flexible. She hits the 180, but it is at the wrong angle, so it always looks like the back leg is dragging too low. We know what the problem is. She throws the front leg up way too high, but she has tried backwards and sidewards and forwards to fix this and it is not clicking. The other weird thing is she has a lovely split leap, but the switch leap just doesn't seem to make sense to her. Is there any leap pass that meets the requirements for level 7 that could be substituted for switch leap straddle jump? Her straddle jump is great. It's just the switch leap. We are clueless. Thank you.

I think our level 7s that don’t have a 180 switch leap just do a split leap, but then substitute another B skill such as a 1.5 turn. Is that an option?

I think our level 7s that don’t have a 180 switch leap just do a split leap, but then substitute another B skill such as a 1.5 turn. Is that an option?
Yes, she can do a 1.5 turn. I thought both leaps had to be B leaps. Is that wrong?

Hmm. Our level 7 head coach told me no, but let me look. ETA: she says no they do not but you must have 2 B skills in the routine.

Hmm. Our level 7 head coach told me no, but let me look. ETA: she says no they do not but you must have 2 B skills in the routine.
So one more question, if the straddle jump does hit 180, is it ok if the switch leap does not hit 180? I thought it was a big deduction.

There is an amplitude deduction to not hit 180 (up to 0.2??) for every leap, but as long as one is 180, it meets the SR.

If she has good flexibility has she tried a Ring Leap.
She has a beautiful ring leap! Yes! We need to do something bc that switch leap is killing her. She tried the 1.5 turn yesterday. She can do it. Just not very well controlled, so it may not be a good idea to substitute that.
Could she do a ring leap with some sort of sashay thing into a straddle jump? Not a dance instructor so I’m not sure if I’m phrasing that right! :D

If her straddle jump is good, maybe try a side leap? You take off with one foot like a leap, turn side ways in a big straddle, land on one foot and then kind of turn and chasse' out of it. Might be worth a shot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back