WAG FIG connection bonus

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Learning Parent GB

Proud Parent
I keep seeing a cat leap linked to free cartwheel on the beam. A top club has proudly posted one of their young elites doing this combination tonight. But I can't see any connection or bonus for it if the rules are that it must be D + A in that order. My DD enjoys doing it, but can't tell me why. Someone help me out, pretty please.

It's true, no connection or series bonus there. Maybe they use it as a lead-up skill to something harder? Switch leap to aerial comes to mind, that would be C + D. Or maybe they just think it's a cool combo to play with, but are not planning to compete it?

It must be a step on the way. I just seem to see it everywhere at the moment, but of course it may just be that I notice it because my DD is doing it. I thought I must be missing something.

Rules are changing after the summer Olympics. Maybe the new rules have different connection bonuses? And they are already preparing for the 2021-2024 rules. The new code is not out yet but international judges already know something about what is coming.

I keep seeing a cat leap linked to free cartwheel on the beam. A top club has proudly posted one of their young elites doing this combination tonight. But I can't see any connection or bonus for it if the rules are that it must be D + A in that order. My DD enjoys doing it, but can't tell me why. Someone help me out, pretty please.

Its a bonus for espoirs at the English.

Its a bonus for espoirs at the English.
Thank you. I looked at comp 1 to see if it was in there, but came up with nothing. I feel happy now. :)
So is it a bonus for espoirs because it is a step into a better connection? That would make sense to encourage it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back