WAG Improvement! (Worst Meet Ever thread update)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Tonight was the third meet for my level 4, and she finally broke the “9.0 wall“ down with a 9.225 on beam! She also won floor for her first win on an event this season, and scored a 35.550 AA, which means she won’t have to repeat level 4. Whew! She still has a lot to work on and improve, especially on bars, but we are both so relieved to get over that hurdle.

I have to admit, I didn’t think it was going to be so difficult for her to score a 34.00, but I was starting to wonder if she would get it. To all the gym parents who are biting their nails down to the quick this season, hang in there!

Tonight was the third meet for my level 4, and she finally broke the “9.0 wall“ down with a 9.225 on beam! She also won floor for her first win on an event this season, and scored a 35.550 AA, which means she won’t have to repeat level 4. Whew! She still has a lot to work on and improve, especially on bars, but we are both so relieved to get over that hurdle.

I have to admit, I didn’t think it was going to be so difficult for her to score a 34.00, but I was starting to wonder if she would get it. To all the gym parents who are biting their nails down to the quick this season, hang in there!
Congratulations, I hope your daughter is happy and proud of her accomplishments!! Dont worry too much about scores and moving levels, it is a long, hard sport and it is more important to learn the fundamental skills. Our daughter repeated level 4 and is now a level 10. She needed it. Our philosophy is to evaluate what is best for our child and don't let our egos get in the way of what is going to help them in the long-run. Also, enjoy the moment. With the perspective of time, the entire family looks back and enjoys pictures and videos of the early years and wish we had cherished them more when it was happening!!!!

Congratulations, I hope your daughter is happy and proud of her accomplishments!! Dont worry too much about scores and moving levels, it is a long, hard sport and it is more important to learn the fundamental skills. Our daughter repeated level 4 and is now a level 10. She needed it. Our philosophy is to evaluate what is best for our child and don't let our egos get in the way of what is going to help them in the long-run. Also, enjoy the moment. With the perspective of time, the entire family looks back and enjoys pictures and videos of the early years and wish we had cherished them more when it was happening!!!!
She’s my third gymnast. We are just going a season at a time. But she was struggling the first meets and was getting discouraged.

The season might be over now. :(Just when she was hitting her groove. She even cast to horizontal today for the first time.

Congratulations to your daughter, that's a big deal! My girl just got her horizontal cast, too. Just when she was gaining true confidence on bars and beam, the season may be over. She's been so excited after each practice the past 2 weeks about holding her vertical handstand on beam and horizontal cast on bars and now I don't get to see them. Her meet this weekend was canceled and now she's out of the gym for 3 weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back