Sportsmanship and team spirit talk *UPDATE*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello all. Well for those of you that know, my dd's coach did have a talk with the team about good sportsmanship. After hearing what my dd had to say about it, it seems like the coach was very firm and to the point with the girls and expressed that that type of behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Hopefully the teammate in particular will think about what she says before she opens her mouth from now on.

Thanks for everyone's support on this issue in my earlier thread!!! You guys here at CB are awesome and so helpful with your wisdom and words of advice!!!

I'm glad to hear that the coach took this issue seriously. There's nothing more demoralizing than, what we like to call "BB" ("brat behavior") among teammates!!! I hope the coach stays on top of this, because we all know now insidious this type of behavior can be! Good luck with the rest of the season!

-Lynn

Glad is was handled and hope it doesn't continue. Sometimes it continues on a smaller scale, so just keep an eye out. Hope it doesn't affect her next meet, and when she has that back handspring by herself . . . Look out!

I am glad the coach is taking this seriously and nipping it in the bud! I hope the little offender got the point and it doesn't happen again!

Good for her coach to take this seriously. It is really sad when all that drama starts. I hope that your DD does not have to deal with that nonsense any more!

Hello all. Well for those of you that know, my dd's coach did have a talk with the team about good sportsmanship. After hearing what my dd had to say about it, it seems like the coach was very firm and to the point with the girls and expressed that that type of behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Hopefully the teammate in particular will think about what she says before she opens her mouth from now on.

Thanks for everyone's support on this issue in my earlier thread!!! You guys here at CB are awesome and so helpful with your wisdom and words of advice!!!
This is REALLY good news!!! One of those signs that you are at a good gym!!! Glad the coach handled the whole situation firmly & tactfully & got everyone on the same page. Now that is proper "team building". Sounds like DD has a great coach and that is a MAJOR part of the whole gymnastics experience:D!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back