Off Topic Hamilton movie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
The Hamilton movie is being released on Disney+ on July 3!

Then on July 4 I will have to make Tinker Bell watch 1776 so she gets the "sit down, John" reference.

We have seen it twice, once on Broadway and once on tour. Tink likes to listen to the original cast album on the way to meets.

What did you guys think of it?

We are getting it here too, which is awesome as they have not brought it out to Australia.

We have seen it twice, once on Broadway and once on tour. Tink likes to listen to the original cast album on the way to meets.
We have seen it twice too, but not on Broadway yet. We took the kids to Buffalo, then Puma and I saw it in Rochester. It was supposed to be coming to Syracuse for this upcoming season, but who knows now. We absolutely plan on seeing it in NY at some point! So I guess we’re making our way east. Lol I run to the soundtrack a lot too. My older daughter is huge into theater, but even squirrelly Puma Jr loves it! I‘m hoping by July 3 we’ll be able to have a small group over to watch it. We entertain a lot, but haven’t had guests in two months now :( We‘ll see. Either way, we are psyched!

I am over the moon excited they are releasing it early!!

I saw it twice (on Broadway and in Chicago) and tried to win tickets for the last OBC performance four years ago (I got a mug instead).
Hamilton is what got me a bit too obsessed with musical theater. I know the entire show by heart. And now I'll stop talking. Lol.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea they were doing this. I have been wanting to see this since it opened but never had the chance. Another great reason to keep disney+

I cannot wait!! And @mommyof1 I cannot believe you saw Michael Crawford as the Phantom! That ranks right up there with seeing Colm Wilkinson as Jean Valjean. Both are dreams that will never come true for me.

I cannot wait!! And @mommyof1 I cannot believe you saw Michael Crawford as the Phantom! That ranks right up there with seeing Colm Wilkinson as Jean Valjean. Both are dreams that will never come true for me.

It was supposed to be Robert Guillaume, but Crawford made a surprise return. It was a teenager’s dream come true.

Agreed. The only thing that rivaled it (IMHO!) was RENT in NY.
Original cast RENT?
I’ve saw several productions of RENT and rushed for tickets a few of the times. ❤️
My gymnast and I went to Chicago and saw Hamilton for her recent birthday before it closed there- we are both so excited to see the original cast perform on Disney+!

The Broadway production was the most powerful live theater experience I've ever had, and I've seen Michael Crawford in Phantom.

You are so lucky to see Michael Crawford as Phantom, I have been lucky enough to see Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty’s Theatre in the Westend earlier this year, I sat in the front row, centre, right behind the orchestra and the chandelier went up over me and came crashing down just above my head, I was so close to the action on stage and it was nice to see the amazing costumes and sets up close. One thing that surprised me was how fast the boat moved across the stage and the Angel coming down, it felt so close.

My oldest daughter (24) was lucky enough to get tickets to see Hamilton when it premiered in the Westend, she is looking forwards to seeing it again.

Original cast RENT?
I’ve saw several productions of RENT and rushed for tickets a few of the times. ❤
My gymnast and I went to Chicago and saw Hamilton for her recent birthday before it closed there- we are both so excited to see the original cast perform on Disney+!
No, not original cast :( We saw it in December of 2001, so just seeing it in NY was amazing as it was, but it was emotional being in the city only a few months after 9/11 too. We did how however see original Mark and Roger toward the end of the touring production which was insane! (Even though they were kind of old for their roles by then lol). I think that was Syracuse, but it might have been Rochester. We’ve seen it like 5 times lol. Only that one time in NY. I cannot wait to see Hamilton in NY someday!!!

No, not original cast :( We saw it in December of 2001, so just seeing it in NY was amazing as it was, but it was emotional being in the city only a few months after 9/11 too. We did how however see original Mark and Roger toward the end of the touring production which was insane! (Even though they were kind of old for their roles by then lol). I think that was Syracuse, but it might have been Rochester. We’ve seen it like 5 times lol. Only that one time in NY. I cannot wait to see Hamilton in NY someday!!!

They were already too old for the roles when the movie came out too, in my opinion.
I could happily see RENT another dozen times at least!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back