Parents Graduation celebration / gift ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gigi

Proud Parent
Hi, I would like to know what some of you parents of seniors are doing for celebration and gifts - I really need some ideas!

Do you celebrate the night of the original graduation date? or the weekend?

Is anyone doing drive up congrats? How does that work? Is it a surprise? Do you have someone line them up somewhere and all drive down at the same time? How many cars make a nice impact? Do their senior friends also come (is that weird bc it is their graduation too?) - and is that it, like you don't/can't feed them or anything, right? And do you stand in the front lawn and wave? Do you give party favors?

Do you plan to do a party later in the summer when things are open? What do you plan to do? At your house, a restaurant?

Any ideas are welcome! Thank you!

We gave up on the idea of a group gathering, and we live on a military base that’s fairly locked down, so no car parade was gonna happen either. We just made an in-house celebration. We decorated the house and I made a gratuitous cake, and we made a video of her walking to her her diploma, moving her tassel, and tossing her cap (we did this at a local waterfront park). Then we had take out Chinese food and she opened her cards and gifts.
95860AC9-996A-4798-B4D7-9869DAE33456.jpeg
201858AD-344E-4401-963A-53DE58CEE654.jpeg
FB94CC0C-24B6-4A02-B176-DDA901EA25B4.jpeg

We gave up on the idea of a group gathering, and we live on a military base that’s fairly locked down, so no car parade was gonna happen either. We just made an in-house celebration. We decorated the house and I made a gratuitous cake, and we made a video of her walking to her her diploma, moving her tassel, and tossing her cap (we did this at a local waterfront park). Then we had take out Chinese food and she opened her cards and gifts.

That looks so festive! I love it! I need to get more decorations -
(BTW cake looks perfect!)

Congratulations to your daughter!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for mine. She's my non-gymnast and is graduating high school. The school is doing a drive in type graduation so we got some decorations from party city for the car. The school gave everyone a yard sign so that's out front. I am hoping that we might be able to have a very small family party by August. I made a video with photos and video clips from her voice/theater performances. I'm going to include a link to the video in her graduation announcements that we're sending out. I'm also making a photo banner from cardstock with 13 pictures which is one for each year k-12.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back