MAG Meets are posting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

DTAG

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
So according to MeetScoresOnline, meets are starting to post. Granted they are posting for 2021 but there may at least be some sort of a season. I know my brand new lvl 5 would be excited. He's picked up his circles, muscle up, and working on spindles and flairs now. Would love to see it all put together in a polished routine. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: sce
Yes... I know many that are planning on hosting meets. What that will look like or play out is still a bit up in the air.

Well... I can tell you one thing... if meets are virtual... our team is taking this season off as far as competitions go. Up in the air meaning... anything and everything could change from what they are planning... I know of several that have had their venues pulled. Could it be virtual... sure... but then my team is out... we'll just train this year if that is the case.

My gym is supposed to host Southern Charm. I'll be interested in seeing what we end up doing. They haven't even talked much about uniform fitting either and I know that is usually done months in advance. Do you think there is much value in in-house meets? I may be saying that wrong.

2021 sounds right for meets. THere are usually very few before January.

I hope there is something. The rising juniors and seniors need something....anything lol
Can rising juniors and seniors send videos of their routines to prospective college scouts? Could throw some music in the background perhaps and make the routine really stand out!

Can rising juniors and seniors send videos of their routines to prospective college scouts? Could throw some music in the background perhaps and make the routine really stand out!

Oh, they already are lol. (but no music...colleges don't really like that from what we have been told). But, they also love to see how the kids do in competition..as that is different than sending their best videos.

I am sure colleges will adapt. So many changes for this rising senior class lol

It's really important to remind ourselves that most kids are way more adaptable than most adults. I'm trying hard to separate my feelings about what the coming year will be like from my children's takes and reactions. All three are in a place of, "well, we don't know what's going to happen, but we'll figure it out" rather than a place of deep sadness and distress about the possible losses of meaningful experiences.

I've heard that on the men's side, many NYS coaches are agreeing to stay in state this year. I'm hoping that might be just enough to give us a season. Don't even know yet if my daughter is returning to college in the fall.

It's really important to remind ourselves that most kids are way more adaptable than most adults. I'm trying hard to separate my feelings about what the coming year will be like from my children's takes and reactions. All three are in a place of, "well, we don't know what's going to happen, but we'll figure it out" rather than a place of deep sadness and distress about the possible losses of meaningful experiences.

I've heard that on the men's side, many NYS coaches are agreeing to stay in state this year. I'm hoping that might be just enough to give us a season. Don't even know yet if my daughter is returning to college in the fall.

I’m trying to focus on how much money we will save if we only compete within NY :) I do hope we are able to at least compete statewide though since as it stands right now with having to stay within your region in NY only have one other club we can compete with.

2021 sounds right for meets. THere are usually very few before January.

I hope there is something. The rising juniors and seniors need something....anything lol
Yes! My daughter is a rising senior...after having State canceled 12 hours prior to her competing, she is desperate to compete at least “one last time”. It really pulls at our heart strings to think it might not happen. My younger daughter also competes and I am totally fine with her skipping a season. She has many potential years ahead of her.

Yes! My daughter is a rising senior...after having State canceled 12 hours prior to her competing, she is desperate to compete at least “one last time”. It really pulls at our heart strings to think it might not happen. My younger daughter also competes and I am totally fine with her skipping a season. She has many potential years ahead of her.

Same here. State was cancelled 2 days before it was to happen. Of course, he had a severe ankle sprain and really, would have only done 1 event if any. But to end it all like that. After 13 years....just seems harsh. But, he has a great attitude about it, and is still working hard at recruiting so hopefully that will still be an option.

All meets are going to be at the mercy of local health departments. The best way to ensure we have a meet season is to follow all the guidelines and do everything possible to make sure your local area stays 'low count', 'low risk'.

I can't imagine there being a meet this whole comp year that involves more than one gym. It's going to have to be all in house. Maybe remote judging?

I could see some local meets perhaps, if other local gyms have been opened up as well. But state and up? Seems it may be a bit unfair as some gyms aren’t even open yet or won’t be opening up for the foreseeable future. Couple that with gyms that have closed and the gymnasts have had to relocate. There would definitely be smaller numbers to say the least.

Yes they should send videos. Do not add the music, they don’t want to hear it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back