WAG a new organization?? NGA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just did a search to see what meets might be advertising NGA and several gym names (and some meets) popped up that use the NGA acronym already (N_____ Gymnastics Academy). That could be really confusing for those gyms.

All I've seen so far is a website with nothing on it. I'd need to see some of the names buying into it to see if it will have any sort of teeth.
They've got names posted now, but I didn't recognize any of the names.

I wanted to also ask does anyone else find it hypocritical to have the same meets as USAG? If they are not supporting that organization, shouldn’t they have their own meets??
So apparently this will work like meets that have both AAU and USAG at the same meet. But NGA and USAG would be in different sessions. This is what I was told.

So apparently this will work like meets that have both AAU and USAG at the same meet. But NGA and USAG would be in different sessions. This is what I was told.
Yes, many USAIGC meets have USAG also, just in different sessions. I assume that would be the same for this new organization.

I completely understand that a lot of meets have more than one organization. It just seems as if this particular one was developed because they want to replace USAG, so it seems odd? And maybe those other organizations wanted the same and I just wasn’t around for it. I don’t know.

Here they are.

Attachments

• 1CAB5D26-7D4E-47DC-A67D-F3EA36962B5C.png
    1CAB5D26-7D4E-47DC-A67D-F3EA36962B5C.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 58022B8F-02D4-49A0-A5B0-2675F3FE8BEE.png
    58022B8F-02D4-49A0-A5B0-2675F3FE8BEE.png
    293 KB · Views: 202
  • 53540704-9B47-4EEA-862D-462FE3FBE9F1.png
    53540704-9B47-4EEA-862D-462FE3FBE9F1.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 193
The only names I recognized were Cassie Rice (it’s understandable after Tasha came forward as a Nassar victim) that she would support an alternate organization. The other name was Mike Naddour. I remember Alex was under investigation for sexual misconduct but I don’t recall USAG’s final verdict.

I would be interested to hear a statement on how they plan to handle the USAG banned members list. It's all well and good to say they are focusing on athlete safety, but as it stands any coach banned by USAG would be free to coach at a gym in a new organization. For example, if Maggie Haney decided to start a competitive NGA team and found a gym willing to take her on, she could happily coach through her ban and head back to USAG eight years from now without missing a beat. I know it's still possible to do that through something like USAIGC but I hope they've considered the issue so they don't end up adding to it.

What was the zoom about? Curious.

It was basically an informational session for coaches (although anyone could join), and they talked about their structure, levels (they are adding gold, platinum, and diamond FYI), the season, etc....

I still find it strange they are completely replicating USAG’s level nomenclature. They are claiming to have everything USAG has without the Hopes or Elite? I am by no means a fan of USAG but trying to figure out what makes this organization better or any different, both from a coach/gym’s perspective and a parents.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back