WAG Chellsie Memmel Comeback??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Chellsie is my new hero! I absolutely love her attitude. Her gymnastics is unbelievable.

I bet her 15 hours are a lot more efficient than the average kid’s 15 hours, though. She does not seem to spend a lot of time waiting in line or goofing off.
Definately! To be fair, she does almost all of her training alone in the gym with her dad/coach. She doesn’t have to take turns or wait for him to coach others. Being a Brevet ( Elite level ) judge, she watches video and Is partially coaching herself. She does take some training time to watch her own little kids between skills. Her 2.5 year old little girl is fearless and has already asked for grips.

She does some of her conditioning while coaching the optional team at M&M.

Is anyone else watching Chellsie’s videos On YouTube? In about 3 months she has gone from back in shape to elite skills in series. She’s also working on new skills that she has never done before and a few that no one has done in world level competition. She is definitely aiming towards the Tokyo Olympics, at 32 having taken an 8 year break! She’s also only training about 15 hours a week including conditioning ( yes really! ). Her comeback is one of my favorite national stories of 2020.
Enjoying following her journey so much! Love her relationship with her dad, Andy. What a dream for them to get to do this together. They are having so much fun, it is infectious. They will make fetch happen!!!

Chellsie’s latest video is up. Please at least watch from 13.50 on. She and Andy and a male gymnast from the team talk about how much fun they had playing “Beat the Elite “ and how it nurtured friendships, made them better competitors and got them more fit. We’ve all read the horror stories. Watch this to hear an elite talk about having FUN while at the highest level. I love hearing her talk about conditioning saying in total sincerity “It was so much fun “. I’ve never heard another elite gymnast sound so enthusiastic.

Much of rest of the video features Audrielle, who has learned some of mom’s drills and is now coaching along with Papa.

Chellsie has been getting serious media coverage for her return. NBC even interviewed her during the broadcast. Fortunately, her petition to nationals has been accepted so we will see her compete again.

USA Today Article

Chellsie’s latest video. She won’t make the Olympic team but she is not giving up. Her family’s reactions are in this video. You may need tissues while watching it. I did.

81F05823-C68F-4C8E-80B4-EFEB1DB98483.jpeg
Chellsie posted this picture of the three world all around champions competing tonight. It’s a exclusive club.

I hope Chellsie continues to train and compete. If she can accomplish all of
this after little more than a year of training, just think of what she'll be able to do next year!
Agreed, I was explaining to my husband last night that she's come back to this level of competition after basically a year of training, after being away from gymnastics for 10+ years. Amazing. I was sad to see her struggle on bars, but she's not done yet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back