WAG Recruiting Trips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DefiniteMaybe

Proud Parent
Does anybody know what’s allowed in the recruiting process right now with the dead period extension? We know some girls are visiting colleges, but we have been a little gun shy about those kinds of things. We don’t want to break the rules, but we also don’t want to be overcautious and miss opportunities.

Does anybody know what’s allowed in the recruiting process right now with the dead period extension? We know some girls are visiting colleges, but we have been a little gun shy about those kinds of things. We don’t want to break the rules, but we also don’t want to be overcautious and miss opportunities.

You can visit the college. But any in person contact with coaches is not allowed. I do not think they can even visit the team/practice but I am not 100% on that.

Zero on campus or off campus visits. So you can visit a campus but no contact allowed with coaches. Coaches are also not allowed to travel to recruit. Virtual recruiting is the only way for the foreseeable future.

Agree with @FlippinLilysMom "Zero on campus or off campus visits. So you can visit a campus but no contact allowed with coaches. Coaches are also not allowed to travel to recruit. Virtual recruiting is the only way for the foreseeable future."

but want to add that I believe that D2 & D3 has not extended their dead period (which was set to end 9/1) and is allowing recruiting visits (or may be leaving decisions on in person visits up to individual universities)

DII and DIII can recruit on campus (my kid is going to visit a DIII later this month... family lives there). Has a loose scholarship offer from a DI, but can't go on a visit and the coach doesn't want her to commit without visiting. Hoping for the spring to visit.

One D1 my DD is talking to was told they were given permission to Zoom a practice with her...ONE only though. She has been doing Zoom, FaceTime and regular calls with all the coaches. We have been visiting the colleges on our own. When we are on campus, the coaches are not allowed to FT or videochat a tour. They can send you information about the college and places to see/visit.

One D1 my DD is talking to was told they were given permission to Zoom a practice with her...ONE only though. She has been doing Zoom, FaceTime and regular calls with all the coaches. We have been visiting the colleges on our own. When we are on campus, the coaches are not allowed to FT or videochat a tour. They can send you information about the college and places to see/visit.
We asked about going to the campus on our own, but visitors from our state aren't allowed into their state without a 14-day quarantine right now, so that was shot down pretty fast.

We asked about going to the campus on our own, but visitors from our state aren't allowed into their state without a 14-day quarantine right now, so that was shot down pretty fast.
Ah, yes. Should have mentioned that it would vary by state. We have one that we can't visit as well :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back