Level 7 Bar Routine question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

KimmieS

Hi, everyone! I'm working on a bar routing for a Level 7 gymnast, but it seems like something's missing on the high bar. Can anyone tell me if this routine fulfills all the requirements and what the start value is? Also, does the new Code Of Points have the values of each skill listed in it (not just vaults)?

Here's the routine:

Mount
Kip-Cast-Handstand
Clear-Hip Circle Handstand
Kip-Cast
Squat-On Jump to High Bar
Kip-Cast-Handstand
Giant
Layout Flyaway

Thanks!
Kimberly

It meets all the requirements, but its a little unbalanced.

It's not unbalanced, that is an excellent routine for level 7 and it will give you a full start value. You don't want to go adding anymore skills at this stage. Extra skills are extra deductions but they wont add anything to the value of your routine.

Great! What is the total start value? I don't have all the books, yet (they're on order), so I'm mostly guessing based on what I've seen with other routines.

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

KS

Your cast to handstand mmust be within 45 degrees of verticle to count at all and then it is A Level. If it is within 20 degrees or closer to verticle it is a B level.

I just figured tho out some one else on chalkucket helped me understand so i thought I would pass it on.

Otherwise it is the same routine my DD does.

Your cast to handstand mmust be within 45 degrees of verticle to count at all and then it is A Level. If it is within 20 degrees or closer to verticle it is a B level.

I just figured tho out some one else on chalkucket helped me understand so i thought I would pass it on.

Otherwise it is the same routine my DD does.

Does the cast-HS have to be a B (20deg) to get the full 10.0 SV? If not, what's the SV with cast-HS's at 45deg?

(Also, what's DD???)

Thanks!
KS

If the cast is within 45* from vertical (draw a line through the shoulders to the lowest body part), it's a 10.0 SV. If it's lower, it's a 9.5 SV.

DD= darling daughter.

OK, so she can get full value (10.0 SV) with the A or B skill & it's not necessary to push her to hit the higher HS (yet)?

For this year, if she has two circling skills (the clear hip and the giant), then she's fine as long as her cast is within 45* from vertical. For next year, it would be nice to have the extra B if her clear hip isn't consistently above horizontal (clear hips below horizontal are being devalued to an A starting next season if I read the memo correctly).

Too much on the low bar & not enough on the high? Any ideas? (This is my first time creating routines!)

TIA!

Sorry didn't see the part where it said "giant" :) whoopsie the giant makes it more balanced. No need to worry, just my error :) Good luck!

Thanks, everyone!!! That will give us something to work on for now. Next, I guess we're going to start working on her beam routine and save floor for last.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back