Parents First meet in over a year...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Puma Jr last competed in January 2020, then broke her ankle, then the shutdown. She broke her wrist to end 2020 and 5&1/2 weeks after getting out of the cast, she finally competed again this past weekend (the day after her 14th birthday!:eek: o_O ). She did great! It was an in house meet, and her session was only her training group and one other. 100% masks, no spectators in person. We watched on zoom at home. It went really smoothly and the kids were just thrilled to be able to compete at all, even though it was different. She hit all of her routines, got second AA, and had the highest bar score in the whole meet, all sessions/levels. She was very excited to get a CHS “wow” award. Lol They even sung Happy Birthday to her. I was impressed with how well all the kids did, especially with the crazy circumstances of the past year. I’m not sure exactly how the rest of the season will go, but it was so great to see her so happy and doing what she loves. Feeling some light at the end of the tunnel:).

Feeling the same... 53 weeks later, weeks where I wasn’t even able to see what she was doing in the gym, and I finally have new comp videos to watch. Lower scores than usual but that applied across the board, she still medaled and to me her gymnastics is the most beautiful out there regardless. She’s so happy about competing and I’ve watched all the videos like 100 times. It is good to feel kind of normal!

How wonderful to finally get to compete, after shutdown and so much injury. And it is great to hear that kids still have fun even with a heavily modified format. Congratulations to her for how well she did. Congrats to your daughter too Kendo348.

My daughter has not competed since Sept 2019 (the end of her season that year.). Her season this year, if it goes ahead, will start in May or June. So it will be more than eighteen months.

The seniors (levels 8+) start their season with the state trials in a couple of weeks. At the moment, everyone is torn between excitement at competitions actually starting again, and petulance over the competition circumstances. No spectators, no march on or off, no lining up at the judges’ table, no cheering or high fives or anything like that. We all know that this is perfectly reasonable and a small price to pay to get to do stuff, but because parents are banned from gyms right now, most of us have not seen our kids doing gymnastics since March last year so we are still disappointed.

And there has not been a single case of covid detected in our state for over a month now.

And diving and cheerleading competitions have safely gone ahead recently with one spectator per child.

How wonderful to finally get to compete, after shutdown and so much injury. And it is great to hear that kids still have fun even with a heavily modified format. Congratulations to her for how well she did. Congrats to your daughter too Kendo348.

My daughter has not competed since Sept 2019 (the end of her season that year.). Her season this year, if it goes ahead, will start in May or June. So it will be more than eighteen months.

The seniors (levels 8+) start their season with the state trials in a couple of weeks. At the moment, everyone is torn between excitement at competitions actually starting again, and petulance over the competition circumstances. No spectators, no march on or off, no lining up at the judges’ table, no cheering or high fives or anything like that. We all know that this is perfectly reasonable and a small price to pay to get to do stuff, but because parents are banned from gyms right now, most of us have not seen our kids doing gymnastics since March last year so we are still disappointed.

And there has not been a single case of covid detected in our state for over a month now.

And diving and cheerleading competitions have safely gone ahead recently with one spectator per child.
Yes that is so disappointing... especially after such a long time! I’m sorry. Why do other sports get to have spectators but not gymnastics? Is there any chance they could change that rule before the meets start?

Yes that is so disappointing... especially after such a long time! I’m sorry. Why do other sports get to have spectators but not gymnastics? Is there any chance they could change that rule before the meets start?
I think Gymnsw is just so desperate to have a competition season that they are playing things super cautious. Diving and cheer both managed to squeeze a limited season into last year so they may not feel quite so under pressure to deliver.

It definitely will not change before the senior state trials, but anything could happen between now and my child’s first return to competition which is still months away. I am crossing my fingers that good things happen!

All places and gums are doing things different. Our kids went to a meet that only allowed 1 spectators per gymile. In keeping with the cardboard cut out thing. A bunch of spectators had pictures of the other family members head put on sticks and held them up.

It really is an individual thing.

Here school sports is mandated no spectators. Yet same club sport may allow it. It’s messed up And based on no data at all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back