Getting rid of bruises

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The weather is really warming up here. I was going to wear shorts to work yesterday, but changed my mind after seeing about 3 bruises per shin on my legs! I've always bruised easily, something that drove my mom nuts in a leo around competition or picture time. She tried arnica cream (didn't work!) and whitening toothpaste (would turn black bruises yellow overnight surprisingly enough). I'm wondering if there's anything tried and true that you guys use.

I have a friend who swears by arnica. She says it makes her bruises go away faster. I actually used it on my dd's wrists when they were aching from backwalkovers and backhandsprings. It is homeopathic and I find it at the Vitamin Shop. The brand I use is called Arnicare and it is the gel, not cream. It comes in both but my friend told me to use the gel because it dries faster. The best part is that is has no smell at all. It works kind of like a ben-gay type product without the "fragrance". She really does say it makes the "black and blues" go away too. Good luck!!

ETA: OK, I feel dumb now, you said you tried arnica and it didn't work! Sorry, I was speed reading! Anyway, maybe the gel instead of the cream? Hope you heel fast!!

Last edited:
I have a friend who swears by arnica. She says it makes her bruises go away faster. I actually used it on my dd's wrists when they were aching from backwalkovers and backhandsprings. It is homeopathic and I find it at the Vitamin Shop. The brand I use is called Arnicare and it is the gel, not cream. It comes in both but my friend told me to use the gel because it dries faster. The best part is that is has no smell at all. It works kind of like a ben-gay type product without the "fragrance". She really does say it makes the "black and blues" go away too. Good luck!!

ETA: OK, I feel dumb now, you said you tried arnica and it didn't work! Sorry, I was speed reading! Anyway, maybe the gel instead of the cream? Hope you heel fast!!

I used the cream, I'll try the gel. If I brush past something it looks like I fell down a flight of stairs so I'll try anything once lol!

Witch hazel is great, but it stings like hell.

And Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse won't make them go away but it hides them pretty well.

I always put an ice pack on mine as soon as it appears before applying arnica gel. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back