Parents team leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

How often does your child's team get new leos? In 5 years we have had three. This last one (although quite gorgeous!) was $165! Anyone else pay that much? Half of the team outgrew them in one season so we had a "pass it down" sale, where older girls would pass theirs down to smaller girls and new ones would be order for them, then the cost would be split between the two. Worked great, but now there are rumors of new ones for next year! These are the most beautiful leos at any meet we go to, our girls get many compliments. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ours are $70 canadian and are handmade to fit each gymmie. We have had one style for 6 years for our regional team, our provincial team has had their style for two years. I cannot imagine those prices would fly here, especially in this economic climate.

Must be lovely though.

yea - ours were over 100$ they're custom design and really stand out. Don't even ask about the warm up! crazy! and the bag?! shesh! Most of our girls get 2 yrs out of them then they can resell them to smaller girls. my problem is mine is the smallest by so much that no one could sell me one and I won't be able to sell mine! By the time she grows into the smallerst girls leo I'm sure the design will change. Our gym has had 3 designs in 8 years? This is yr 2 for the current design.

BTW - let see it! can you post a photo? I wanna see

We get new ones every two years. ours are somewhere in the $200 range this time (last time we were able to get a used one, but this was the first year with this one) at least we didn't change the warm-ups.

They are gorgeous, but I worry about her rubbing rhinestones off during the bar routine:eek:

snowbound

Our gym tries to keep the same style leo for 3 yrs. The optional girls got the new ones(compulsories will get the same leo in late summer) and they were $270!! Ok, we didn't pay $270. GK gave a discount for ordering more than 10 and then the booster club was able to pay $150 towards each girl's leo. I ended up paying $75. They are very sharp and eye catching. Some judges last year suggested the gym stop being so conservative on the choice of leo, so we went from very simple to very "out there." Had some sizing issues with the leos and I doubt my gymmie will be able to wear this new one next year, so have already talked to some compulsory parents about buying it and will order gymmie one in the next size up.

Warm ups are purchased by the booster club, so pay nothing for them---just return them in clean condition at end of meet season.

.... then the booster club was able to pay $150 towards each girl's leo. I ended up paying $75. ....
Warm ups are purchased by the booster club, so pay nothing for them---just return them in clean condition at end of meet season.

Oh man! I want a booster club at our gym ! ! ! !

yea - ours were over 100$ they're custom design and really stand out. Don't even ask about the warm up! crazy! and the bag?! shesh! Most of our girls get 2 yrs out of them then they can resell them to smaller girls. my problem is mine is the smallest by so much that no one could sell me one and I won't be able to sell mine! By the time she grows into the smallerst girls leo I'm sure the design will change. Our gym has had 3 designs in 8 years? This is yr 2 for the current design.

BTW - let see it! can you post a photo? I wanna see

That's a tall order since I'm a bit challenged in that area! lol But, I will TRY to post a pic. Our warm-ups and bags were pretty cheap, we found a great deal. People are amazed when they learn how much leos are. It's all those rhinestones!!

our team leos were about £65 but our main colour was blue so they were never really jazzy but still really nice! Warmups were about the same price but we kept them until we grew out of them, unless we had our names printed on them-the youngest kids who weren't on the team and just had a jacket got their names spelled out in rhinestones by a Mom who owned a craft shop-all us 11 year olds were quite jealous! :p :)

Our gym changes the leo every season!!!! and our leo is about $190. So we can never sell to younger girls....
I will have two girls on the team next season and am aleady calculating all the expenses.
Luckily the warm up hasn't changed in the last 4 years. We bought very big and DD still uses it (also $200), but next season I will have to buy one for the little one. (and the bag...and the capri pants for warm up...and the bun covers...and and and...)
We have a booster club but they don't pay anything towards any of that.

Holy smokes $190, $200, $270! :eek: Hopefully our gym never goes there. The last one we bought was $80. I think we do new leos every other year, but it may be even less frequently (we recently changed gyms). I think $75-$100 is reasonable. I don't see the need to spend more than that.

Our gym replaces leos every other year and the one we are in now is $190. These were purchased for us by the Booster Club and this is our second year in them, but our Booster Club has fallen on hard times due to fundraising difficulties so I think next year we will be trying to find less expensive leos. I am hoping that we can find something in the $100 range or less that will still be nice. It's definitely all the rhinestones that add to the price.

Meg

My dd's team has a stock leo from gk that has rhinestones. It is very pretty on all the girls no matter what the skin/hair color. I've tried to attach a link. They did not get the optional rhinestones (in the pic where the star is), but there is a line of rhinestones across the front and back where the 2 different fabrics meet.

Best part...$50!:thumbsup: This is the 2nd year that they have used this leo. No problems with the rhinestones coming off. Where they are located never contacts the bars.:) This is dd's favorite leo, she's even worn it occasionally to practice and it has held up super!

http://www.gk-elitesportswear.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?WEBEVENT+R081EB9594D79C1904CD4C31+DEV+ENG

Not sure that my link will work....here's the style # if anyone is interested.

Style# 5821ST

Our gym changes the leo every season!!!! and our leo is about $190. So we can never sell to younger girls....
I will have two girls on the team next season and am aleady calculating all the expenses.
Luckily the warm up hasn't changed in the last 4 years. We bought very big and DD still uses it (also $200), but next season I will have to buy one for the little one. (and the bag...and the capri pants for warm up...and the bun covers...and and and...)
We have a booster club but they don't pay anything towards any of that.

Every year, WOW with 2 that will get expensive fast!:eek: I have 2 and I thought ours was bad.

We get a new leotard every year. There's no way they would fit for 2 years. Heck, sometimes they don't even fit by the end of the season with the way older dd grows. The owner is very picky about how the leotards fit. She wants them sleek with no extra fabric bunching up anywhere, which usually means they squeeze your kid into the next smaller size from the leotards that she wears to practice. Coaches pick the size, and you just have to take what you get. The leotard we got this year was $95. It's a fairly simple square neck leotard, but it has lots of rhinestones on the front including the gym's name.

Our gym has 2 different leos. The L2 & L3's wear a tank style with rhinestones, very cute and sporty. It was $80.00. The L4-10 wear a long sleeve w/ lots of stones & bling that I think was about $180.00. There is a very active trade and pass down sytem, assuming you can get the size you need. They very purposely keep the younger girls in the tanks because they are so much cheaper and they do not make them buy the warm-up either. This year is new leo year, so we'll all have to shell out the money and my dd is moving up to the longsleeves;)...my husband would pass out if he saw the prices! I couldn't imagine getting new ones every year, I hope they do alot of comps to show it off! My dd will only have worn hers 4 times this year before she moves up. Oh well, they sure do look pretty in them :D!

Our L3's have a tank leo - about $50. L4 & L5 - long sleeve w three colors and rhinestones - $180 (yes - I have to buy this one this year, but I think I may get to purchase a used one from someone moving up) L6 & up long sleeve but only about $95 (only ?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back