New

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TheWannabe

Hello, my name is Katy. I'm 17 and live in VA. I've been in gymnastics twice (once at 13, once at 16) and never really made it past level two. I know, you don't have to tell me, i'm a failure.... I'm thinking about joining an adult beginners class once I turn 18. Would that be okay, or should I just give up on it?
Even the slightest twinge of positive feedback would be nice for my self esteem.....God knows I can't get from either family or friends.

Katy... I love the name! My DD, Katy, is a 14 year old L6 and is considered "old" for the sport as well. Do you love it? Are your expectations realistic? If so, there's your answer. It's a great sport to increase flexibility, improve strength and conditioning. As long as you're not planning to go to the Olympics and/or get a college scholarship (and what are the odds of either, even if you're young?!?!) what's to stop you from doing something you love? Good luck w/your decision and let us know what you decide!

Where are you in Virginia? I live here as well. There are several posters on here who are very knowledgeable about the different gyms/programs in Virginia!

thanks

Where are you in Virginia? I live here as well. There are several posters on here who are very knowledgeable about the different gyms/programs in Virginia!

Thanks for the reply! :] and I live in Hampton, Va. When I was 13 I went to GymInc. and when I did gymnastics at 16 I went to World Class Gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back