Parents report about new gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

It's been a few weeks since I last posted anything. It's been an insanely busy time for us lately. We finished up at our old gym and DD finally started at her new one. She loves it! :) I can already tell that it was the best thing to do. She came home after the first day with sore muscles that she had never worked before! I think the coaches were pleasantly surprised with her skills and they all believe she will be a great addition to their team. After only three weeks she finally has her giant,:D (which was one of the reasons we left the other gym, because it was too small to train giants). I am GREATLY encouraged, and very optomistic about her future there. Everyone is very nice and supportive. One of the problems at the old gym was that DD would come home nearly every night in tears saying that the coach was always telling her that she was holding back and not giving it her all. She says that her new coaches are very encouraging, even when giving constructive criticism, and never make her feel as if she isn't trying hard enough. What I like is that there is a coach with them ALL the time, actually COACHING them, and there is not any standing around wasting time. This gym is a complete turn around from what DD has had the last several years. And while we both miss the girls and parents, we are both looking forward to her future here and I am so happy for DD that she is finally going to have a chance to succeed and keep moving up. She has already chosen her new floor music and the coreographer will be there in June to make up the new routine. Can't wait to see what the coming year will bring. It is so wonderful to see DD happy about gym again! She has wanted this for a long time and we are finally able to give it to her. :D

So happy that it is working out so well for her! It is amazing what the right coaches can do for a kid. I am sure it will just get better for her. Can't wait to hear how things are going. Keep us posted. :)

I firmly believe we end up where we are supposed to be. WTG!!

So what floor music did she pick?

My DD choose Hedwig's theme (harry potter music) and she is soooo excited becaues she get the choreographer coming in on Wed after the holiday to do her routine.

YAHOO for your dd, glad the gym switch is going well and that she got those giants. She really needed them to stay competitive. You definitely made the right choice! :)

Glad the new gym is working out so well for her. Great to hear those giants have arrived----she just needed to be able to practice them on a regular basis.

Tell her to have a fun summer and we'll want reports on all the new skills she's getting.

I firmly believe we end up where we are supposed to be. WTG!!

So what floor music did she pick?

My DD choose Hedwig's theme (harry potter music) and she is soooo excited becaues she get the choreographer coming in on Wed after the holiday to do her routine.

She chose "Carol of the Bells" by Transiberian Orchestra, through Energym. It's really dramatic and very powerful. I love it. She never liked her music at the old gym as the coaches never let her give her input in choosing. She chose this herself, the coaches loved it, said it would be perfect for her and that was it! And you forget you are listening to a Christmas song because it is so cool! I just know it will grab the audience attention when they hear it!

Thanks to all for your support and encouragment!! It is so wonderful to have CB to talk to others that understand. As the parents of gymnasts we have all shared so many of the same ups and downs. Ya'll are great!!!!:D

SO glad you are happy and that things are working out for your dd at the new gym! Positive, consistent coaching is a must, and so great when you find it! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back